Remove Rootkit Using TDSSKiller: TDSSKiller is a free tool made by Kaspersky, it can detect and remove rootkits, here are some of the types of bootkit that TDSSKiller can remove from a infected computer system.
SST, Pihar, ZeroAccess, Sinowal, Whistler, Phanta, Trup, Stoned, RLoader, Cmoser, Cidox.
- Randomly redirected to unknown or unwanted sites.
- Antivirus programs will be disable and unable to run.
- Unable to download any programs of the internet, they get blocked.
- Antivirus Websites like ESET, Kaspersky, Norton, Malwarebytes, Bitdefender and many more could be blocked.
Rootkit can be very difficult to remove and its very important to change all passwords and banking details if infected with rootkit, if you are not comfortable removing these types of infections, take your computer to a good computer technician or backup data and reformat the computer back to factory settings:
1. Download TDSSKiller from Kaspersky
3. Double-click TDSSKiller.exe to run it. Click Yes to UAC prompt Box
4. Click on Accept
5. Click on Accept KSN Statement
6. Click on Change Parameters
7. Check mark Verify Driver Digital Signature and Detect TDLFS file system, Click OK.
8. Click Start Scan
9. If a Rootkit is detected, example: Backdoor.Win32.Sinowal.knf check mark Cure, click on Continue.
10. To complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
That’s it, the rootkit should be completely removed from your computer system. I would still run a scan with Malwarebytes, HitmanPro and to a full scan with ESET Online Scanner. Its always best to be sure your system is clean and free from virus infections
If you found this guide useful, please share with your friends and family. and please subscribe to my newsletter.