Speed Up Windows Shutdown Time: Looking for a way to shut windows down faster? well your in the right place, I will show you a quick a easy way to speed up windows shut down time, you will be amazed how fast your windows computer will close. What we need to do is a simple registry tweak, before messing with the registry, its good practice to make a system restore point. Just in case you mess something up, with a restore point, you can roll the computer back to a time before the registry got messed up.
1. Hold the “Windows key“ and “press R” on your keyboard. and type “regedit” in the Run Command Window. Then Press Enter Key
- Click Yes to User Account Control
2. In the “Registry Editor” navagate to the following location on the left hand pane.
3. In the Right Pain, look for “WaitToKillServiceTimeout”. default Value data is 12000.
- 12000 = 12 seconds.
4. Double click “WaitToKillServiceTimeout” to Edit it and change the value to 2000
- 2000 = 2 seconds
5. Click OK to save data, Now close the Registry Editor.
- Restart computer to test shutdown speed.
- Its should now close a lot faster than before.
- This tweak works on Windows XP | Windows Vista | Windows 7 | Windows 8 or 8.1 | Windows 10
- Want to see more speed tweaks? let me know in comments section below.
That’s it, if you find this tweak helpful, please share with your friends and family.