Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows 10 Product Key Activation Issue
screen with DCP_WATHCDOG_Violation.

1. Did you make any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
2. What is the make and model of the computer?

Method 1:

Remove all the external devices (except mouse and keyboard) and check if the issue persists.

Method 2:

Step 1: Boot the computer in Safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists. Follow these steps to start the computer in safe mode with networking.

a) Press the 'Windows + C' key on the keyboard.

b) Click on settings, more pc settings and then general.

c) Scroll down to advanced startup, click restart now.

d) Click on troubleshoot, advanced options, Windows Startup Settings.

e) Click restart, select safe mode with networking and then press enter.

Note: Restart the computer to start in normal mode.

Step 2: If the issue doesn't occur in safe mode with networking then, you may perform a clean boot and check.
Step 1:
a) Press the 'Windows + R' key on the keyboard.
b) In the 'Run' window type 'MSCONFIG' and click 'Ok'.
c) Click the 'Boot' tab and uncheck 'Safe Boot' option.
d) On the 'General' tab, click to select the option 'Selective startup', and then click to clear the option Load startup items check box.
e) On the 'Services' tab, click to select the 'Hide all Microsoft services' check box, and then click 'Disable all'.
f) On the 'StartUp' tab, click 'Open Task Manager'. In the Task Manager window under startup tab, right click on each startup item which are enabled and select 'Disable'.
f) Click 'OK', and then click Restart.
Step 2: Enable half of the services
a. Follow steps 1a and 1b to start the System Configuration utility.
b. Click the Services tab, and then click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
c. Click to select half of the check boxes in the Service list.
d. Click OK, and then click Restart.
Step 3: Determine whether the problem returns.
If the problem still occurs, repeat step 1 and step 2. In step 2, click to clear half of the check boxes that you originally selected in the Service list.
If the problem does not occur, repeat step 1 and step 2. In step 2, select only half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
If only one service is selected in the Service list, and you still experience the problem, the selected service causes the problem. Go to step 6. If no service causes this problem, go to step 4.
Step 4: Enable half of the Startup items

If no startup item causes this problem, a Microsoft service most likely causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat step 1 and step 2 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in either step.
Step 5: Determine whether the problem returns
If the problem still occurs, repeat step 1 and step 4. In step 4, click to clear half of the check boxes that you originally selected in the Startup Item list.
If the problem does not occur, repeat step 1 and step 4. In step 4, select only half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
If only one startup item is selected in the Startup Item list, and you still experience the problem, the startup item that is selected in the list is the service that is causing the problem. Go to step 6.
If no startup item causes this problem, a Microsoft service most likely causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat step 1 and step 2 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in either step.
Step 6: Resolve the problem.
After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then click to clear the check box for the problem item.
Step 7:
Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.
a) Press the 'Windows + R' key on the keyboard.
b) In the 'Run' window type 'MSCONFIG' and click 'Ok'.
c) On the 'General' tab, click the 'Normal Startup' option, and then click 'OK'.
d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click 'Restart'.

Method 3:
I would suggest you to try the steps in the link and check if it helps.

Windows hangs or freezes
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2681286#method11

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Method 4:
You may download and install updates and device drivers for the computer from Windows Update.
https://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

Method 5:
You may check the hard disk for errors.
a. Press "Windows Key + Q" to open Charms Bar.

b. Type "cmd" without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the "cmd" option and select "Run as Administrator".
d. At the command prompt, type Chkdsk /f, and then press ENTER.

e. Press Y when you are prompted to check the disk next time that the system restarts.
f. Close all applications, and then restart the computer. Note During the restart process, Windows checks the disk for errors and then starts.
g. After the computer has restarted, try installing again.

Warning: Microsoft does not recommend interrupting the CHKDSK process. Microsoft does not guarantee the integrity of the disk if the CHKDSK program is interrupted. For safety you can back up your data before using the check disk command

Method 6:
Perform a System Restore to an earlier date

a) Type System Restore on the Start screen.

b) Click on Settings and then Create a restore point.

c) Click on the System Restore button. Then click Next.

d) Choose a time and date prior to Windows Store disappearing and click Next. Note: You should click Scan for affected programs to verify which programs and drivers may be affected by this action.

e) Click Finish when you are ready to perform the System Restore
System Restore helps you restore your computer's system files to an earlier point in time. It's a way to undo system changes to your computer without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.
These are just some of the things I have tried , and no blue screen didn't happen in safe mode

its working in safe mode no bsod

its not malware because you reinstall windows 10 still getting the bsod

its not memory because you tested memory

its not your hard drive because its a new hard drive

its mostly likely  a driver issue

run Driver Verifier

(09-20-2015, 03:01 AM)Compton Wrote:  its working in safe mode no bsod

its not malware because you reinstall windows 10 still getting the bsod

its not memory because you tested memory

its not your hard drive because its a new hard drive

its mostly likely  a driver issue

run Driver Verifier

these are two new blue screens I had yesterday ... my computer is only a year old I thought I better restate this as I have just seen britec's post underneath this one regarding when posting
my SYSTEM
AMD A10 7870K APU
16gig ddr3 1600mhz memory
gigabyte GA-F2A55M-DS2
Seagate 2TB SSHD
External USB OMNI Creative Soundblaster

Attached Files
.htm   WhoCrashedOutput.htm (Size: 7.32 KB / Downloads: 2)

ok run Driver Verifier

also did you try disabling

(09-20-2015, 11:03 AM)Compton Wrote:  ok run Driver Verifier

also did you try disabling

I would try disabling Windows defender , but at present its the only virus /malware program I have as AVG was deleting elements of software saying that they had viruses in them

you are only disabling Windows defender to see if the bosd will stop

(09-20-2015, 11:37 AM)Compton Wrote:  you are only disabling  Windows defender to see if the bosd will stop

this is the crash dump from my computer after verifier had been enabled marking all drivers that were not Microsoft and as a result my computer went into a continuous blue screen loop, so therefore I have rolled back my computer from a restore point which was made earlier today as I saw no other way around it

Attached Files
.htm   WhoCrashedOutput sunday 20-09-2015 1908..htm (Size: 13.68 KB / Downloads: 5)

bingo your graphics driver ATI Radeon  is causing the blue screen

bad news is that your graphics card don.t have a updated driver for it that support windows 10

and  the driver that comes with windows 10 is causing the problem

to fix this problem you may  have to buy a video card that support windows 10

but you try Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver

I have no graphics card and and the graphics comes from the APU , I went on the catalyst software and clicked on update and it automatically updated from AMD

My APU is the AMD which is the A10 7870k with R7 graphics

yes your graphics card is AMD Radeon™ HD 8000/7000 series graphics which is integrated into your motherboard

A10 7870k is your cpu not your graphics card it automatically updated your driver blue screen stop ?