Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows 10 Product Key Activation Issue
I can tell you one thing if he tell you anything about a bad motherboard due to rollback to 8.1

I would just take too a next repair shop or you can take a next shot at fixing yourself

we are here to help

Hi thanks again Compton and britec for your continuing support , have heard from the technician today who stated that he had problems installing to the hard drive , so is using a support drive to install windows all the way up to windows 10 , and the using Norton Ghost to create and image and install that image onto my hard drive , the only thing I can think of is that I did use a tool on the HBCD software that I used to try and clear the hard drive , it was a nuke hard drive clear ....which stated if during the course of the operation of it got interrupted then it could lock the drive , and I enabled it but I could detect no light from the hard drive and thought that the system had crashed ....so I turned off the power , now if I did that and it was running then it is likely it has locked the drive ... That's the only anomaly I can think of that would make the hard drive difficult to access .

Now if my technician can get norton ghost to install the image onto the drive , would there be a way of making the hard drive have normal access? As it stands at present I'm waiting to see if he can transfer the image using norton ghost ,....if not then worse case scenario I'm looking at a new drive . Currently using a western digital caviar green 2tb hard drive so on Amazon that £69.98

yes worse case scenario you have to buy a new hard

but I am sure the hard drive can be unlock using diskpart from windows recovery console without buying new one

Thanks Compton .....are there ways of unlocking drive even with windows installed ?

yes they are ways to unlock a hard drive in windows

but you can,t install windows on a lock hard drive

you have to unlock that hard drive before you install windows which can be done without buying a new hard drive

Thanks Compton yes my technician is trying to install windows 8.1 then windows 10 on his support drive and with all the drivers then transfer it as an image onto my existing hard drive as windows won't install on my existing hard drive the conventional way apparently .......so if the worse case scenario happens . Will I be able to install windows 8.1 using recovery media , if that new hard drive is installed onto the same computer with the product key within the bios ? Thanks again

yes if you replace the hard drive you would be able to reinstall 8.1 from your manufacturer recovery media 100%

Thanks Compton , for a minute there I thought I would have to buy a new operating system plus new hard drive .

you probably should start imaging your hard drive so if windows crash you can just restore from it

you can use clonezilla you would also need a external hard drive

Thanks Compton good suggestion but unfortunately am on a very limited budget so maybe at a later date for that, also if my technician succeeds in transferring image using norton ghost, will I still be able to install other programs on it ? Etc , just if windows won't instal,on my hard drive in the normal way what about other software also ? Sorry if that seems like a stupid question .... also if it should come to another hard drive to install are caviar green hard drives by western digital good drives to use for every day , gaming and for regular use ? Thanks