Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help to install OS
Actually my windows 8.1 enterprise got virus affected and the virus corrupted the system so it was not working well so I was trying to install a fresh 8.1 and one question if I'll open my laptops and for the CMOS battery will it affect my warranty? I have 2 year accidental warranty.. And I'm afraid of unscrewing the laptop cuz it's my elder brothers laptop and I have also found a tutorial in which I have to Change the Hdd's slot and I don't wanna unscrew it

if its under warranty then just take it back the manufacturer will fix it

Isn't there any other way sir... And thanks for the support I really appreciate it

I have to agree with Compton on this, if it is under warranty then its not going to cost you anything to have it fixed.

Although, looking at the system config. I would try disabling Legacy and enabling Secure Boot then go into the UEFI Boot Order and make sure Internal CD ROM Drive is top of the list or just selected.

This method would be for 8.1 and up only.

Also how did you get Enterprise version I thought they only gave those to Business users?

Actually it's my elder brother's laptops and he is a businessman

And I am not able to enable secure boot even after disabling legacy support and ITS NOT IN WARRANTY my brother just told me now what should I do now?

then I would try clearing the bios

by taking out the cmos battery then putting it back in

you would  have to Take Apart the laptop just to remove the cmos battery  

You could also try THIS from HP support.

Please Note* There is NO GUARANTEE that this will work.

Both of you thanks for the support Sir, and I tried the procedure which GuiltySpark told me but No Joy.... Maybe because I'm install 8.1 from USB and currently I don't have a cd also... And if I put a CD of 7 it doesn't even shows in the boot manager.... And i if I selecte Boot from EFI File.... There's something like No Volume Label.

you will have to take out cmos battery

and put back in

Should I try Restoring bios?

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c02693833