Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help to install OS
I don,t see any bios listed for your laptop

the option you have is to take the laptop and remove cmos battery

Okay... I think there is a bios in the driver's section on hp Web site for my model.... I also have it in my hard drive...

you best be carefully when updating Bios

I don,t see any bios listed on the hp website for your laptop

if you update the wrong bios on to the laptop its game out

Okay then I'll not take any chance

Can it be a motherboard problem? Or hard drive problem?

I think all you need to do is reset the Bios by removing cmos battery

Is your hard drive set to ahci or ide? And what bit have you been using to try to instal the os with, 32 or 64bit? Because if any chance i doubt 32 would work on you system

I don't know that my hard drive is set to ahci or ide.. And i don't know how to check this and don't have any information about that and I was trying to install Windows 8.1 64 bit and the setup which I have contains 32 bit and 64 bit both

In the bios section slide over to system configuration,then youll see uefi, highlight os boot manager press enter then take a picture of what you get and post a picture

Here's the snap

I am now able to boot to installation I just set the notebook hard to next and the cd drive to first but I'm facing this error

Now I'm able to boot into installation but I'm having this error

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Press enter on os boot manager and look for a setting that should say hard drive ahci or ide then make sure its set to ahci and if you dont see it then post a picture of the settings also if its already set to ahci then like compton saif youd need to buy a new hard drive