Poll: Do you think products from Apple are overpriced?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone here think that products from Apple are just ridiculously priced?
Ok, point taken Partha I am going to give you a next point, why high end production people use macs because of windows updates now most of the time high end production people don, t check to see if windows update is installed

so what windows will do is to download, install automatically now when the video is rendering that when windows updates will restart the system that's down for the high end production user

with macs you don, t have to worry about apple automatically restarting your system or updates, breaking your system that's less down time, the is thing you have to remember Apple is marketing to rich people celebrity use macs check it out

remember that you are not only paying for the hardware you are also paying for the apple operating system if you buy an HP computer, you only paying for the hardware you have to take that into consideration when looking a mac price

(07-30-2016, 11:00 PM)Compton Wrote:  remember that you are not only paying for the hardware you are also paying for the apple operating system if you buy an HP computer, you only paying for the hardware you have to take that into consideration when looking a mac price

I've always taken that into consideration, and  made that point about the price taking into account the operating system and all the other bells and whistles

If you analyse, HP or any other branded computer for that matter, would always cost way less compared to a mac with similar specs

(07-30-2016, 06:54 PM)Compton Wrote:  Ok, point taken Partha I am going to give you a next point, why high end production people use macs because of windows updates now most of the time high end production people  don, t check to see if windows update is installed

so what windows will do is to download, install automatically now when the video is rendering that when windows updates will restart the system that's down for the high end production user

with macs you don, t have to worry about apple automatically restarting your system or updates, breaking your system that's less down time, the is thing you have to remember Apple is marketing to rich people celebrity use macs check it out
Well, as it  turns out, the Windows update process is specially designed not to interrupt the user, and besides, not all the Windows updates require a restart

It's true that Apple does spend a lot in marketing and some celebrities  do use their products, but not all are tech-savvy

I believe people get the impression that  products made by Apple are of the elite class as they see some well-known names in the industry endorse them

ya wecan both agree that macs are expensive I think only mac I will be getting is a mac bugger or a big mac bugger  Big Grin
anyway you have make some very good objective point

(07-31-2016, 05:11 PM)Compton Wrote:  ya wecan  both agree that macs are expensive I think only mac I will be getting is a mac bugger or a big mac bugger  Big Grin
anyway you have make some very good objective point

Lol! Nice one, Compton and thanks for the feedback.. I appreciate it

In my I.T class my teacher was talkin about how the iPhone 7 wouldn't have a headphone jack at all. They would come with headphones which could plug into the charging port, so you can't listen to music while your phone is charging and i reckon if they do this they'll probs bring out something like 'Apple dock' so you can charge your phone and play music. Also I never realised that Apple has a Pen that they sell for like $150 dollars. LIKE SERIOUSLY ITS JUST A STYLUS I COULD USE MY 3DS AND IT WOULD DO A BETTER JOB.

(08-06-2016, 02:27 AM)MyComputerIsFried Wrote:  In my I.T class my teacher was talkin about how the iPhone 7 wouldn't have a headphone jack at all. They would come with headphones which could plug into the charging port, so you can't listen to music while your phone is charging and i reckon if they do this they'll probs bring out something like 'Apple dock' so you can charge your phone and play music. Also I never realised that Apple has a Pen that they sell for like $150 dollars. LIKE SERIOUSLY ITS JUST A STYLUS I COULD USE MY 3DS AND IT WOULD DO A BETTER JOB.

Exactly!

I just felt I should  share this. Let us look at some of the key specifications of their current flagship phone, the 128 GB variant of the iPhone 6s Plus and those of the LG V10

The iPhone 6S Plus has a 5.5 inch screen with 401 pixels per inch,  a dual-core  processor, a 12 MP camera, 2 GB RAM, and there's no card slot for additional storage

Now, let's take a look at the specifications of the 64 GB variant of LG V10, which is my favorite phone

It has a 5.7 inch screen with 515 pixels per inch, a quad-core processor along with another dual-core processor, 4 GB RAM and a card slot for up to 256 GB of extra space

It also has a larger image sensor with 16 million pixels, is way more durable and looks beautiful!

Now comes the perplexing part, as is with just about any product made by Apple!!

If you check their prices on Amazon, the iPhone 6S Plus 128 GB retails for more than 920 dollars where as the LG V10 retails for around 470 dollars

Was comparing the specs of these phones at the link below and was wondering if the difference in their prices is justified by any means

https://www.smartprix.com/mobiles/compare.php?ids=1101u2xb1nd%2C1101pdglcaa%2C11012b5s511