Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with a Java program running in Windows10
(08-23-2016, 04:40 PM)CraigBak Wrote:  
(08-23-2016, 04:21 PM)REC560 Wrote:  
(08-23-2016, 04:18 PM)CraigBak Wrote:  
(08-23-2016, 04:03 PM)Partha Wrote:  Thanks, Craig. The CPU utilization is surprisingly high for just one open application

I would like you to open the task manager again when it happens and this time, select the Processes tab, click CPU as illustrated below, and send us its screenshot

I want to see which  processes are taking up most of the CPU resources when that happens

It took longer this time to happen, not used to trying to Make it happen -LOL!
Close down Google Chrome and see if your cpu and memory goes down

This is normal for the program to run at such high cpu, but during just simple editing it is acting like it is spiking at times.
The program is set to be able to use up to 6124mb of ram, so it is only just over a third of what is available to it.
Not sure about doing that other thing with the Elevated Command Prompt.???
It is safe to do sfc /scannow with the Elevated Command Prompt, it checks for corrupt system files, we just checking that windows is not causing issue, so can you please open a administrative command prompt and run the command. Once it is 100%, it will tell you the results, tell us what the command prompt says, also after it finishes, copy the CBS.log from C:\Windows\Logs\CBS to the desktop and include it in your next reply

Please close Chrome like REC560 asked and let us know if the issue is reproducible and as mentioned, sfc /scannow will check and attempt repairing corrupt system files it it discovers any

First, please try the Chrome thingy and if the issue persists, run sfc /scannow and let us know

(08-23-2016, 04:43 PM)REC560 Wrote:  
(08-23-2016, 04:40 PM)CraigBak Wrote:  
(08-23-2016, 04:21 PM)REC560 Wrote:  
(08-23-2016, 04:18 PM)CraigBak Wrote:  
(08-23-2016, 04:03 PM)Partha Wrote:  Thanks, Craig. The CPU utilization is surprisingly high for just one open application

I would like you to open the task manager again when it happens and this time, select the Processes tab, click CPU as illustrated below, and send us its screenshot

I want to see which  processes are taking up most of the CPU resources when that happens

It took longer this time to happen, not used to trying to Make it happen -LOL!
Close down Google Chrome and see if your cpu and memory goes down

This is normal for the program to run at such high cpu, but during just simple editing it is acting like it is spiking at times.
The program is set to be able to use up to 6124mb of ram, so it is only just over a third of what is available to it.
Not sure about doing that other thing with the Elevated Command Prompt.???
It is safe to do sfc /scannow with the Elevated Command Prompt, it checks for corrupt system files, we just checking that windows is not causing issue, so can you please open a administrative command prompt and run the command. Once it is 100%, it will tell you the results, tell us what the command prompt says, also after it finishes, copy the CBS.log from C:\Windows\Logs\CBS to the desktop and include it in your next reply

Not being difficult, but what do I type in the Run box

First, search for cmd, right click Command Prompt and select Run as admin as you can see below

Once the command prompt is open, type sfc/scannow and hit enter

running "sfc /scannow" now

(08-23-2016, 04:56 PM)CraigBak Wrote:  running  "sfc /scannow" now
Great!, make sure you tell us what cmd says about the repair after it finishes and also copy the CBS.log from C:\Windows\Logs\CBS to the desktop and include it in your next reply

Okay, let it complete

Yep, we will see if your system has corrupt files or not Craig

I get this message when trying to post that here and if I try to post an attachment it says it's too big.

The message is too long. Please enter a message shorter than 65535 characters (currently 2795014).
The message you entered contained 1501 images, while only 20 images per message are allowed. Please lower the image count in your message to meet the limit.

I will put it in my dropbox it just about 6mb

OkAY Thanks