Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optical Drive Driver Not Working
(09-25-2016, 05:51 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(09-25-2016, 05:49 PM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  No
So what exactly happened when you attempted the uninstall?

I uninstalled the driver and restarted my computer. When it fully restarted the driver became corrupted again.
If you add me on skype I'll break your nose!

I read somewhere that a defrag had resolved the issue for a person. I don't know how the defrag helped but if you wish, you may give that a try

If that does not work, try the recommendation below

Make a backup of the registry.

Open the Start menu, type regedit and press enter

Remove Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values of the following key to the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Restart your computer and check

(09-25-2016, 07:14 PM)Partha Wrote:  I read somewhere that a defrag had resolved the issue for a person. I don't know how the defrag helped but if you wish, you may give that a try

If that does not work, try the recommendation below

Make a backup of the registry.

Open the Start menu, type regedit and press enter

Remove Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values of the following key to the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Restart your computer and check

I tried what you said but the same thing keeps happening.
If you add me on skype I'll break your nose!

(09-26-2016, 12:33 AM)wolfpack103 Wrote:  I tried what you said but the same thing keeps happening.

Now that you have removed those filters, uninstall the driver software, restart the pc and check

If the issue persists, I would like you to reset the BIOS settings from the bios setup interface, as you can see in the video below

If the BIOS looks different, try to look for an option named Reset to default, Load factory defaults, Clear BIOS settings, or something similar.

Restart the PC next and check, and if this does not work either, let us know................

Perhaps the ATAPI controllers are corrupt, and we may have to reinstall them if that's the case

Hi there. If your drive is not working and that you have update the drives I would get a different one. If the drive does not open means the connection in your Case from the drive into the motherboard is not plugged in.

Pleas message back if the drive does still open or not thanks.