Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drive Where Windows is Installed is Locked
(10-04-2016, 10:52 AM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  You've been asking these questions for the past two years on other sites Jerry, and recently on the technet forum, cross posting isn't allowed.
https://social-technetb-msft-us1.vtv.stillw.com/Forums/en-US/3cb7e980-e458-415b-a304-af72721c9b06/drive-where-windows-is-locked-unlock-drive-also-partition-missing-is-another-message?forum=MTCWin8#3cb7e980-e458-415b-a304-af72721c9b06

Ok I'm not sure what cross posting is I've been working on this issue for a long time when I get a chance I apologize if in some way I've not been correct in I came upon your company by video response an found a lot of knowledge and since I hadn't gotten anywhere I subscribed to your site and posted a question directly here in your forum so like I said I don't understand how I would cross post anything by asking a question here can you explain to me what you are saying I did that not allowed very curious thank you Shagg

Cross posting is asking the same question(s) across different sites.

Please read the forum rules briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=178 (pay attention to article 20)

its ok shaggdew if it was a honest mistake

This is a couple of pics of what I ended up with and stopped going on any further until I get the right info. Ok it is saying my pic is to large I'll haft to figure out how I reduce size down 500 KB or less thanks for patients with me

you can use this site to resize the image resizeimage.

(10-04-2016, 11:19 AM)shaggdew Wrote:  This is a couple of pics of what I ended up with and stopped going on any further until I get the right info.  Ok it is saying my pic is to large I'll haft to figure out how I reduce size down 500 KB or less thanks for patients with me
Ok I believe I got one of them to load I'm hoping I'm working from my tablet and phone so it takes me a little time to get things done

(10-04-2016, 12:12 PM)shaggdew Wrote:  
(10-04-2016, 11:19 AM)shaggdew Wrote:  This is a couple of pics of what I ended up with and stopped going on any further until I get the right info.  Ok it is saying my pic is to large I'll haft to figure out how I reduce size down 500 KB or less thanks for patients with me
Ok I believe I got one of them to load I'm hoping I'm working from my tablet and phone so it takes me a little time to get things done

I see that 1 posted a d see that possibly the 2nd is is here also thanks for info on reducing the size Shagg

(10-04-2016, 11:07 AM)shaggdew Wrote:  
(10-04-2016, 10:52 AM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  You've been asking these questions for the past two years on other sites Jerry, and recently on the technet forum, cross posting isn't allowed.
https://social-technetb-msft-us1.vtv.stillw.com/Forums/en-US/3cb7e980-e458-415b-a304-af72721c9b06/drive-where-windows-is-locked-unlock-drive-also-partition-missing-is-another-message?forum=MTCWin8#3cb7e980-e458-415b-a304-af72721c9b06

Ok I'm not sure what cross posting is I've been working on this issue for a long time when I get a chance I apologize if in some way I've not been correct in I came upon your company by video response an found a lot of knowledge and since I hadn't gotten anywhere I subscribed to your site and posted a question directly here in your forum so like I said I don't understand how I would cross post anything by asking a question here can you explain to me what you are saying I did that not allowed very curious thank you Shagg
Like I was saying I apologize for the mistake I'm not a full blow tech or anything I'm learning this stuff by just throwing my butt in the fire guess how I learn no one I know is getting in this around me so I'm out on my own thanks though I noticed you had something about decript at the bottom in quote if that was for my info so you may know I did such a check on that an as far as I can tell by running a check up on that came back clean an that the drive is not encrypted like I say I've been working on this issue an have tried many thing just non of then have solved it yet an now that I've just fired up an older desktop pc maybe I'll be able to get it solved an get both drives for my laptop working so any help is most appreciated

(10-04-2016, 12:12 PM)shaggdew Wrote:  

(10-04-2016, 12:12 PM)shaggdew Wrote:  [quote='shaggdew' pid='16139' dateline='1475579945']
This is a couple of pics of what I ended up with and stopped going on any further until I get the right info.  Ok it is saying my pic is to large I'll haft to figure out how I reduce size down 500 KB or less thanks for patients with me

I see that 1 posted a d see that possibly the 2nd is is here also thanks for info on reducing the size Shagg

(10-04-2016, 11:07 AM)shaggdew Wrote:  

Like I was saying I apologize for the mistake I'm not a full blow tech or anything I'm learning this stuff by just throwing my butt in the fire guess how I learn no one I know is getting in this around me so I'm out on my own thanks though I noticed you had something about decript at the bottom in quote if that was for my info so you may know I did such a check on that an as far as I can tell by running a check up on that came back clean an that the drive is not encrypted like I say I've been working on this issue an have tried many thing just non of then have solved it yet an now that I've just fired up an older desktop pc maybe I'll be able to get it solved an get both drives for my laptop working so any help is most appreciated
I have a question for you why is it not allowed to ask a question else where for when I just recently came across your videos that pointed to your site an since I'm new at going into forums an such the only reason is because I found great info once here is why I subscribed I've pretty much end up solving problems on my own but since I'm not even close to having my repair course Done yet and that I've not had to solve this kind of issue you had to learn it some where also so I would appreciate any knowledge I gain you know as well as I do of the knowledge that is out there it finding the right place or places to gain this knowledge thanks Shagg

(09-27-2016, 10:52 AM)Compton Wrote:  might do a map on this I am a bit lost
what you are saying when you  boot up windows you are getting error? can you take you sreen shot

I've tried this an got no where with it yes I have a partition. under using wmic logicaldisk get : device's, volumename, description.
This is what is stated
Dir bootmgr
(volume in drive x is boot
Volume serial number is D60A-0DC2

Other info aquired is:
Chkdsk c:/x
File system FAT32
Volume recovery created on 5/28/2014 @3:48 am
Volume serial number 0098-92AD
31,246,336,KB Total disk
An so on

Ok ive also ran the bitlocker cmd-line tool:
BdeHdCfg.exe
Manage-bde.exe
Repair-bde.exe
Manage-bide.status

This also chkdsk c:/f/x/r:

This bootrec /fixmbr, /fixboot, /scans, /rebuildbcd.

Also Disk management tool:

An have ran various options using this different tools acording to videos reading on I've tried to make recovery tool via moble phone also just tried to make up the Rufus tool also yesterday but don't believe it copied to the usb correct may haft to try again tried burning a I so to DVD and tried to see if I could get it to do the repair que up thing. I've only 1 time gotten to f8 safe mode . if there is no disk in CD drive no usb in it or even my back up drive plugged in usb it goes to( gateway recovery management )the only thing I can click on is exit out the list of options: restore operating system to factory , completely restore computer to factory defaults.

Ok there is probably more things I've tried but should give you an idea of steps I've done thanks hope this helps Shagg

ok from that photo you posted
Diskpart was use meaning you wipe and delete all partitions on the hard drive
its best create a windows 10 installation media and re install windows

(10-04-2016, 11:12 AM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Cross posting is asking the same question(s) across different sites.

Please read the forum rules briteccomputers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=178 (pay attention to article 20)

Ok after rereading line20 I miss construeded the information as within your forum questions not as a external forum you may would reword that as external forums and maybe set a reasonable time line as to say in the last 90 days or something similar I'm only bringing this up because of it being brought to my attention I did some wrong an may I ask why you don't won't this going on so I understand the reason why is that cool

(10-04-2016, 02:46 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok from that photo you posted
Diskpart was use meaning you wipe and delete all partitions on the hard drive
its best create a windows 10 installation media and re install windows

In the second pic is more info that is continuing from the first one I hope the it posted as I just tried to get it posted again and if that is the case then I would think that after placing the new image CD in CD drive it would started and load its not doing that I will check to see if it wiped or not thank you for the info

i only see one photo posted I pretty sure the hard drive is formatted