Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
outlook 2010
(10-20-2016, 12:02 AM)Compton Wrote:  I think what is happening your firewall is blocking incoming traffic to outlook are you using any firewall on your system be side windows firewall
its could also be internet connection problem or your Isp did something dodge

try this first    Repair Internet Connection Problems

I use kaspersky, Microsoft is turned off. I'l try tomorrow. thanjs guys Brian,

kaspersky is a very powerful antivirus Repair Internet Connection then disable kaspersky,
check to see if the problem is fix

Good suggestion Compton! It could be a firewall issue, what makes me wonder is, if it is a firewall issue, why has started now, because he said:
dsldg2 Wrote:when did this change take place, outlook 2010 was working until yesterday 18th oct
Why did it stop on Tuesday? It makes me wonder!

(10-20-2016, 12:02 AM)Compton Wrote:  I think what is happening your firewall is blocking incoming traffic to outlook are you using any firewall on your system be side windows firewall

Wink ok all you guys who helped me.
I tried thunderbird as suggested, no luck so I tried to edit my settings in outlook 2010,
it failed to open the advanved options, by this time I was about to throw the computer out of the window.. Angry so I used revo uninstaller to remove outlook, complacently
I installed outlook again and made a new account. this is interesting guys..
when I loged on to my hotmail account and went to settings to find the info i needed,it had all changed from the old hotmail settings. now instead of the old pop and sntp setting they are different.
so back to setting up outlook the settings I used
were pop-mail.outlook.com ... & smtp-mail.outlook.com
anyway Guys outlook is now sending & receiving to my hotmail account... Big Grin
Thanks for all advise Guys...Brian Cool

(10-20-2016, 07:55 PM)dsldg2 Wrote:  

Wink  ok all you guys who helped me.
I tried thunderbird as suggested, no luck so I tried to edit my settings in outlook 2010,
it failed to open the advanved options, by this time I was about to throw the computer out of the window.. Angry  so I used revo uninstaller  to remove outlook, complacently
I installed outlook again and made a new account. this is interesting guys..
when I loged on to my hotmail account and went to settings to find the info i needed,it had all changed from the old hotmail settings. now instead of the old pop  and sntp setting they are different.
so back to setting up outlook the settings  I used
were    pop-mail.outlook.com  ... & smtp-mail.outlook.com
anyway Guys outlook is now sending & receiving to my hotmail account... Big Grin
Thanks for all advise Guys...Brian   Cool
No problem dsldg2, Glad to help, take care now
Problem Solved - Thread Closed