Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acer aspire e15 e5-573g wifi not working
In this case, I would suspect a board level problem. If you sent just the board to your Dads friend...there is no way that he could have tested the board for other issues. In board level repairs, replacing one thing reveals other issues on the board. This is where the term "Rabbit Hole To Hell" comes from.

If you paid to get the board fixed...send the whole laptop to him.
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

(12-02-2016, 02:34 PM)whizkidraj Wrote:  Also, I cannot install any of the Linux distro I've tried till now i.e Linux Mint, + I cannot install Windows 10 (it gets stuck at devices getting ready 12%), I did leave the laptop for 6 to 7 hours but nothing happened, I tried installing windows 10 and when it gets stuck at 12% devices getting ready, I rebooted the setup to repair computer --> Advanced options --> command prompt and then c: -- cd windows/system32/drivers and then del QCAmain10x64.sys.. but after reboot the setup shows files missing/ damaged and tells to reinstall windows 10. So yea, this method, too. I even tried Britec's method of slipstreaming drivers, but it cannot delete the default network driver in DISM GUI. It is locked.

You could very well have an issue with that wifi card. Perhaps swapping that card out with another might do the trick. You do not need to have the exact wifi card brand and model. Just be sure that you install the correct driver if Windows does not push one to the device.

You could also just remove the card then try installing Windows 10 then install the card and see if Win 10 will pull the appropriate driver.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

Thank you. Finally some more people came to help or at least for the guidance. I have sent the laptop to that motherboard repair person again. He would test it for all kinds of errors hopefully. And to Compton, I already had to point out the NFA435 driver to u which I'd already mentioned in my first post. Also if u read my first post, I did say I tried drivers from acer's site. So again, I'm not angry just because I cannot handle my temper or I'm some kind of that type of person who just loses temper and blames people. I was doing all the steps u asked me. And again, as I mentioned in my previous reply to you, I already knew my hard disk and memory was working correctly. But I did it because I wanted to give u all the info as I said. I thought might be...this guy has more deep knowledge so he would read every line of that report and look for something extra. I don't want to diminish anyone's knowledge or value here. But thank you for your time, as you said.

And thank you to LarryTheComputerGuy. Learnt a new term thanks to you and what you said seems to be appropriate. And to Timster, I tried external USB Wifi dongle or whatever they say it and it caused BSOD, too. So, I thought that was the end to trying/ putting new external things (in this case). But yep, WiFi device inside my laptop is the culprit ( or at least seems to be, for now). Would wait for the laptop to come or for any news. Thank you Timster, Larry and Compton Wink and Britec09 obviously for making them videos. Cheerio Smile