Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 Boot problems after Installing Creators Update
(12-20-2016, 05:14 PM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  Uplugged all USB wireless connections but didn't work unfortunately. I Ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command and got an "ERROR 50 DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option"

Did you mean that the issue is still present after you unplugged all the USB wireless connections? also, what were these connections?

If you observed something different, please let me know

Also, are you able to get in to the safe mode from the recovery environment?

(12-20-2016, 07:39 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(12-20-2016, 05:14 PM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  Uplugged all USB wireless connections but didn't work unfortunately. I Ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command and got an "ERROR 50 DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option"

Did you mean that the issue is still present after you unplugged all the USB wireless connections? also, what were these connections?

If you observed something different, please let me know

The issue is still present after the usb connections are unplugged. The mouse ,keyboard , and any other unnecessary connections were unplugged.

(12-20-2016, 07:52 PM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  The issue is still present after the usb connections are unplugged. The mouse ,keyboard , and any other unnecessary connections were unplugged.
Okay, and are you able to get in to the safe mode from the advanced options?

(12-20-2016, 08:30 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(12-20-2016, 07:52 PM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  The issue is still present after the usb connections are unplugged. The mouse ,keyboard , and any other unnecessary connections were unplugged.
Okay, and are you able to get in to the safe mode from the advanced options?

Unfortunately no , I can not enter safe mode at all either

(12-20-2016, 08:44 PM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  Unfortunately no , I can not enter safe mode at all either
I would suggest a reset. Let me know if you need any help with that.

Have you pulled the hard drive and tested it on another machine?
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

(12-21-2016, 12:06 AM)Partha Wrote:  
(12-20-2016, 08:44 PM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  Unfortunately no , I can not enter safe mode at all either

(12-21-2016, 08:57 AM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  
(12-21-2016, 12:06 AM)Partha Wrote:  
Used Dban to wipe PC and have encountered another issue.. The PC won't boot up at all now ..

(12-21-2016, 08:11 AM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  Have you pulled the hard drive and tested it on another machine?
Hi , no I have not tried that yet

(12-21-2016, 08:57 AM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  Used Dban to wipe PC and have encountered another issue.. The PC won't boot up at all now ..

It won't boot up because you've wiped the hard drive clean with Dban. It securely erases all the data. That is different than the reset feature in Windows called Reset this PC

Nevertheless, you would now need an installation media to install Windows on the hard drive as explained in the following article

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

(12-21-2016, 02:35 PM)Partha Wrote:  
(12-21-2016, 08:57 AM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  Used Dban to wipe PC and have encountered another issue.. The PC won't boot up at all now ..

It won't boot up because you've wiped the hard drive clean with Dban. It securely erases all the data. That is different than the reset feature in Windows called Reset this PC

Nevertheless, you would now need an installation media to install Windows on the hard drive as explained in the following article

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

I had already created a bootable USB with windows 10 using rufus. The PC cannot install it correctly. When the PC did boot up after running DBAN I got a pop up saying The main bios is corrupt..fixing problem with back up bios. The issue is still present

(12-21-2016, 02:45 PM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  I had already created a bootable USB with windows 10 using rufus. The PC cannot install it correctly. When the PC did boot up after running DBAN I got a pop up saying The main bios is corrupt..fixing problem with back up bios. The issue is still present
I would like you to reset the bios and see if that helps. One of the easiest ways is to reseat the CMOS battery

Follow the Method 3 properly at https://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS