Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win 10 "Choose an Option" start-up screen
ok thanks for clearing that up Partha Smile

It happened on the old laptop exactly as shown in the "Choose an Option" picture.

Following start-up on the new laptop only a black screen appears followed by the Packard Bell logo, then the desktop. I have no other problems. It is working very well except for the absence of the "Choose an Option" screen.

What do other users of win 10 get when they freshly start their machine? Am I expecting too much?

You should only get the "Choose an Option" screen if you had a failed shutdown or have repeatedly pressed F8 (or a similar key) providing the Uefi system allows for troubleshooting options.

Do you do a normal 'soft' shutdown or do you use something like Sleep / Hibernate?

(06-22-2017, 02:37 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok thanks for clearing that up Partha Smile
Welcome, brother

(06-22-2017, 02:51 PM)crockhamtown Wrote:  It happened on the old laptop exactly as shown in the "Choose an Option" picture.  

Following start-up on the new laptop only a black screen appears followed by the Packard Bell logo, then the desktop. I have no other problems. It is working very well except for the absence of the "Choose an Option" screen.
I am pretty sure there was a problem with the older laptop that caused the "Choose an option" screen to appear every time at startup because that's not a normal behavior.

I want you to know that your new laptop starts up normally just like it should. So there's no need to panic.

Okay I'm satisfied. Many thanks to all who commented.

(06-23-2017, 04:56 AM)crockhamtown Wrote:  Okay I'm satisfied. Many thanks to all who commented.
You're welcome