Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My post screen sits for 3minutes is it possible to fix this?
(11-30-2017, 01:43 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  When you enter the BIOS see if you can change boot function to 'Quick Boot'.

I didnt see that option in there but ill have another look. I did see this option where it has multiboot but i didnt see quick boot anywhere but like i said ill have another look

(11-30-2017, 10:40 PM)smirk24 Wrote:  
(11-30-2017, 01:43 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  When you enter the BIOS see if you can change boot function to 'Quick Boot'.

I didnt see that option in there but ill have another look. I did see this option where it has multiboot but i didnt see quick boot anywhere but like i said ill have another look

I didnt see quick boot in the options in the bios. But did do the bios battery ram and hard drive and it still sits

It looks like a hardware issue; what are the temperatures like? please check the status of the drives with CrystalDiskInfo and also, run MemTest86  

Its as soon as the computers turned on. Ive already done that but thank you partha but still the same and i passed. so i moved onto flashing the bios and apparently its a 2 step process because im getting the following message

.txt   HP Compaq 6910p Specs.txt (Size: 303.7 KB / Downloads: 656)

(12-01-2017, 08:06 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  Its as soon as the computers turned on. Ive already done that but thank you partha but still the same and i passed. so i moved onto flashing the bios and apparently its a 2 step process because im getting the following message

I was able to flash the bios back to the previous bios so were good on that but its still slow at the hp logo screen

ok remove the hard drive and wifi card then check to see how fast it will boot

how many passes did you do with memtest86 I would run it overnight that way we can really rule memory

(12-01-2017, 10:53 AM)Compton Wrote:  ok remove the hard drive and wifi card then check to see how fast it will boot

how many passes did you do with memtest86 I would run it overnight that way we can really rule memory

8 passes both sticks at separate times and the computer doesnt glitch or anything at the desktop and also runs like a champ. Im wondering if it has something to do with the order of everything in the bios but the manual guide doesnt help much with setting up the bios.

Are all the drivers updated?

ok let's go back a little here when did the problem start what did you change ?

(12-01-2017, 03:10 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok let's go back a little here when did the problem start what did you change ?

The problem started before any changes were made to the bios and as soon as i was able to to get a power cord to finally be able to power the laptop on. Id power the laptop on and id stare at the hp logo screen to the point id press f9 to get to the boot options to select the hard drive to boot and once i get to the desktop everything is fine. I can see if my ram was still in the 100s but i got 2 gb of ram.

All the drivers are updated now and the problem still happens