Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My post screen sits for 3minutes is it possible to fix this?
ok if I am reading this correctly the laptop has 1GB of memory then you upgrade the memory to 2GB?

(12-01-2017, 08:50 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok if I am reading this correctly the laptop has 1GB of memory then you upgrade the memory to 2GB?

Theres 2GB of ram in the laptop

ok if you have another memory you can test with then check to see how it will boot

I would like you to connect just one memory module at a time and see if that makes a difference; check with both the sticks individually

I swapped the ram modules out for different ones which made a huge difference in restarting the computer but it still sits at the hp logo screen a long time like to the point i just turn off the computer and turn it back on so i can manually boot from the hard drive but the sitting at the hp logo screen only happens when the laptop is first turned on.

I almost wonder if it needs a firmware update or something because the product key sticker on the laptop is for xp pro and i put windows 7 on it and just to put it out there it is a genuine windows 7 key that is activated by Microsoft

ok let's rule out memory for now

let's troubleshoot the windows 7 mbr because that can also cause the problem

do a

bootrec /FixMbr
bootrec /FixBoot

(12-03-2017, 04:19 AM)Compton Wrote:  ok let's rule out memory for now

let's troubleshoot the windows 7 mbr because that can also cause the problem

do a

bootrec /FixMbr
bootrec /FixBoot

Still the same

Did you follow my last advice, Smirk?

Im assuming it was the keyboard because i blew what i could with my air blower which was taking the keyboard out to where i could set the keyboard in a safe spot while i blew out cpu fan and part of the motherboard i mean it wasnt as much as i wanted to cover with my air blower i couldnt figure out how to safely dismantle the computer completely without damaging it.

But we can close the thread problem solved Smile

Im assuming it was the keyboard because i blew what i could with my air blower which was taking the keyboard out to where i could set the keyboard in a safe spot while i blew out cpu fan and part of the motherboard i mean it wasnt as much as i wanted to cover with my air blower i couldnt figure out how to safely dismantle the computer completely without damaging it.

And i put the ram that was in the laptop back in and no issues so something with the keyboard was messed up but all is great now. Thanks for your help everyoneSmile

But we can close the thread problem solved Smile