Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flash player not working
Like Brian posted earlier, I would also suggest that you download the Adobe uninstaller and run it

Just follow the steps as mentioned at that link, and then reinstall and check

(12-13-2017, 08:10 AM)Partha Wrote:   Like Brian posted earlier, I would also suggest that you download the Adobe uninstaller and run it

On this one I`m going to say NO I have already un-installed and re-installed 10 times
If it was going to do something it would have done it

It may have worked if the flash player would've uninstalled properly but it looks like it wasn't

(12-13-2017, 08:27 AM)old dude 56 Wrote:  
(12-13-2017, 08:10 AM)Partha Wrote:   Like Brian posted earlier, I would also suggest that you download the Adobe uninstaller and run it

On this one I`m going to say NO I have already un-installed and re-installed 10 times
If it was going to do something it would have done it

how did you uninstall it? remember 'old dude 56' its 2-way street do suggestion that is asked of you

then report back then we would be able to help you more

I know we may ask something you already try but remember troubleshooting a problem on a forum can be hard at times Smile

Using the uninstall tool goes a bit further than simply uninstalling from add/remove programs. The uninstaller goes through and checks for any leftover files that may be left behind and back checks the registry for any left over entries there. Please uninstall using the uninstall tool and see if that helps.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(12-13-2017, 03:04 PM)Timster Wrote:  Using the uninstall tool goes a bit further than simply uninstalling from add/remove programs. The uninstaller goes through and checks for any leftover files that may be left behind and back checks the registry for any left over entries there. Please uninstall using the uninstall tool and see if that helps.

The Adobe un-install Tool Is what I have Been using ,I`m under the impression that the problem is the computer itself I have giving thought to using my OS install disc ,not to do a complete wipe and install of windows but to do a repair
The only thing is I don`t know if windows 7 has a repair feature on it similar to what windows XP had
Windows XP had a repair feature that would overwrite windows without having to do a complete re-install to correct missing or corrupt files folder and registry keys ,I did have to do that a few times with XP when it became glitchie
I am not looking forward to doing a complete install of windows but I might have to

Repair Install to Fix Windows 7 Without Reformatting by Britec
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

Maybe there is a problem with the user account; perhaps you could create a new user account and try installing the player  within that account

Is it possible that you can tell us what game that you are trying to play is called because if its not a paid game id like to try it out on my windows 7 machine to see if the same problem happends to me and if i can figure out how we can get you up and running but if it is a paid game id like to research it and see what we can figure out a solution

(12-14-2017, 03:30 PM)Partha Wrote:  Maybe there is a problem with the user account; perhaps you could create a new user account and try installing the player  within that account

I have two user accounts on my computer already and I have created a third just to try
No dice
Right now it is in shop and just as I suspected there are files and registry keys that are corrupted
Tried to re- install windows myself and discovered Microsoft's big joke on us which is on some computers there are temporary activation key number that are supposed to be replaced by Microsoft with a permanent number which does not match the number that you are currently using
if you try to use that number it will be rejected and contacting Microsoft will reveal that after several conversations with Microsoft I am going to have to purchase a new install disc No way around it either
The shop where my computer is at has told me this is not the first time they have seen this
Microsoft in all their infinite stupidity does not always replace the temp. number with a perm. and it isn`t until you try to re-install that you find that you are the victim of their cruel joke
Quote from Microsoft your computer comes with a temporary number that registers and is (supposed to be )replaced with a permanent validation number but sometimes it is not
Thank you Microsoft for allowing me to spend more money on your product (read that last like with sarcasm )

(12-17-2017, 12:52 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  Is it possible that you can tell us what game that you are trying to play is called because if its not a paid game id like to try it out on my windows 7 machine to see if the same problem happends to me and if i can figure out how we can get you up and running but if it is a paid game id like to research it and see what we can figure out a solution

If you read my reply to Partha you will see what I am up against
Will update as soon as I get my machine back (as soon as I get my pay check probably end of Jan.)
Thanks for your help