Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flash player not working
(12-26-2017, 04:27 AM)old dude 56 Wrote:  Quote from Microsoft your computer comes with a temporary number that registers and is (supposed to be )replaced with a permanent validation number but sometimes it is not
Where did you read this?

(12-26-2017, 04:27 AM)old dude 56 Wrote:  Quote from Microsoft your computer comes with a temporary number that registers and is (supposed to be )replaced with a permanent validation number but sometimes it is not

This is the first I've heard of this. With all of the Windows 10 computers that come through my shop I have never once had an activation issue.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(12-26-2017, 06:20 AM)Partha Wrote:  
Where did you read this?

Did not read it was told over the phone
I called Microsoft several times over the course of five days ,and so did the tech who worked on my computer
Thought it was B.S. but even talked to four supervisors and was told the same

Ive ran into the same issue. And im assuming its an oem install disk instead of coa disk. So id try calling the tech support for the manufacture of your computer and let em know whats going on to see what you and the the computer manufacture (logo of the computer that is having problems) come up with because i dont think theres anything we can do about it especially if you know for

(If you upgraded ive had the same issue with an activation key. I have a list of keys that im using and not using but legit keys. I had a couple windows 10 keys that ive been given after upgrading from windows 7 and windows 8.1, well i had to do a clean install of windows 10 and when i correctly typed the key in, windows would let me get passed the part where you type the key in to begin formatting and installing windows on the hard drive. I would get all the way to the desktop and make sure my installation of windows was activated... nope it wasnt so i activated it over the phone well i wasnt able to do it that way either so i chatted with microsoft and they couldnt find anything about the product key in there system at all.)

(12-29-2017, 02:18 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  Ive ran into the same issue. And im assuming its an oem install disk instead of coa disk. So id try calling the tech  support for  the manufacture of your computer and let em know whats going on to see what you and the the computer manufacture (logo of the computer that is having problems) come up with because i dont think theres anything we can do about it especially if you know for

(If you upgraded ive had the same issue with an activation key. I have a list of keys that im using and not using but legit keys. I had a couple windows 10 keys that ive been given after upgrading from windows 7 and windows 8.1, well i had to do a clean install of windows 10 and when i correctly typed the key in, windows would let me get passed the part where you type the key in to begin formatting and installing windows on the hard drive. I would get all the way to the desktop and make sure my installation of windows  was activated... nope it wasnt so i activated it over the phone well i wasnt able to do it that way either so i chatted with microsoft and they couldnt find anything about the product key in there system at all.)

Thank you for your reply
But my computer is a factory refurb. I bought it in 2014 and have already been told that since I did not buy the extended warranty there is nothing they can do
it was already an upgrade to windows 7 when I bought it ,the tech where I took it also called HP so all I can do is wait till I get my pay check ( just started a new job ) and then I`ll have them do a fresh upgrade
Barring any more health issues with my wife I should be able to get things straight sometime around end of Jan.
But I will post back with the conclusion
Thanks for everyones attempt at trying to help
and a happy new year to everyone
By the way what is coa disc ?

(12-29-2017, 11:52 AM)old dude 56 Wrote:  
(12-29-2017, 02:18 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  Ive ran into the same issue. And im assuming its an oem install disk instead of coa disk. So id try calling the tech  support for  the manufacture of your computer and let em know whats going on to see what you and the the computer manufacture (logo of the computer that is having problems) come up with because i dont think theres anything we can do about it especially if you know for

(If you upgraded ive had the same issue with an activation key. I have a list of keys that im using and not using but legit keys. I had a couple windows 10 keys that ive been given after upgrading from windows 7 and windows 8.1, well i had to do a clean install of windows 10 and when i correctly typed the key in, windows would let me get passed the part where you type the key in to begin formatting and installing windows on the hard drive. I would get all the way to the desktop and make sure my installation of windows  was activated... nope it wasnt so i activated it over the phone well i wasnt able to do it that way either so i chatted with microsoft and they couldnt find anything about the product key in there system at all.)

Thank you for your reply
But my computer is a factory refurb. I bought it in 2014 and have already been told that since I did not buy the extended warranty there is nothing they can do
it was already an upgrade to windows 7 when I bought it ,the tech where I took it also called HP so all I can do is wait till I get my pay check ( just started a new job ) and then I`ll have them do a fresh upgrade
Barring any more health issues with my wife I should be able to get things straight sometime around end of Jan.

That sucks man im sorry. If you want to save money we can guide you on how to do a fresh install of windows or you can check out britecs videos right along with timster and carey holzman but altogether its pretty simple as long as you have a legit product key

(12-30-2017, 04:30 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  
(12-29-2017, 11:52 AM)old dude 56 Wrote:  

Thank you for your reply

That sucks man im sorry. If you want to save money we can guide you on how to do a fresh install of windows or you can check out britecs videos right along with timster and carey holzman but altogether its pretty simple as long as you have a legit product key

Ok but are we talking product key or activation key (the 25 character key)
I have both but it was the activation key that I was told was the wrong (temporary) number
cause if its the product key I do have a legit number
they are both from magical jelly bean
When I bought the machine I never thought to look for the sticker on the case and it came with install disc that was sealed in plastic wasn`t till I was going to put the disc in that I found there was no sticker or number on the outside of disc so I ran magical jelly bean to get number before I started I thought I was good to go (laugh on me )
Thank you for your reply

(12-30-2017, 04:57 AM)old dude 56 Wrote:  
(12-30-2017, 04:30 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  
(12-29-2017, 11:52 AM)old dude 56 Wrote:  

Thank you for your reply

Ok but are we talking product key or activation key (the 25 character key)
I have both but it was the activation key that I was told was the wrong (temporary) number
cause if its the product key I do have a legit number
they are both from magical jelly bean
When I bought the machine I never thought to look for the sticker on the case and it came with install disc that was sealed in plastic wasn`t till I was going to put the disc in that I found there was no sticker or number on the outside of disc so I ran magical jelly bean to get number before I started I thought I was good to go (laugh on me )
Thank you for your reply

As long as the key you use is legit and for the windows operating system installed on the hard drive you should be good to go.

This sounds like you have ended up with a refurbished PC that has a Citizenship COA attached to it. Citizenship COA's are registered to qualified persons or organizations and the COA's are registered to those organizations or persons. A PC that is refurbished with a Citizenship COA will not have a COA sticker on the physical PC... It is supplied to the registered owner(s) on a document.

This may be why you cannot activate it.

The way that Microsoft licensing is supposed to work: OEM COA's are used by manufacturers, and Retail COA's can be purchased by anyone... These are both called Commercial COA's. Citizenship Licensing is for organizations like schools, nonprofits, and persons that qualify as low income.

* COA = Certificate Of Authenticity

Edit: Just wanted to add... When a PC is refurbished by an Authorized/Registered Refurbisher, the original COA has to be reported to Microsoft... Then Microsoft voids that COA in the
COA Key database...
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

(12-30-2017, 07:35 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  This sounds like you have ended up with a refurbished PC that has a Citizenship COA attached to it. Citizenship COA's are registered to qualified persons or organizations and the COA's are registered to those organizations or persons. A PC that is refurbished with a Citizenship COA will not have a COA sticker on the physical PC... It is supplied to the registered owner(s) on a document.

This may be why you cannot activate it.

The way that Microsoft licensing is supposed to work: OEM COA's are used by manufacturers, and Retail COA's can be purchased by anyone... These are both called Commercial COA's. Citizenship Licensing is for organizations like schools, nonprofits, and persons that qualify as low income.

* COA = Certificate Of Authenticity

Edit: Just wanted to add... When a PC is refurbished by an Authorized/Registered Refurbisher, the original COA has to be reported to Microsoft... Then Microsoft voids that COA  in the
COA Key database...
So in short I`m still pooched
But why would HP sell this machine through K-Mart (where I bought it ) like that ?
Shouldn`t it have had the sticker or paperwork for certification with it
when I got it all I did was hook everything up put in my language and time zone installed my programs that I use
I never was asked to register anything , I still have the box it came in it only has the packing material keyboard and mouse it came with the only paper was the packing list ,which I still have
as this is only the second computer I have every owned I never knew there was supposed to be any document for registering the number (my first computer was bought from a pawn shop )
bough it back in 2009 and was already registered again all I had to do was set up language (as it was owned by Hispanic) and time zone
Thank you for the info and thank you for the reply

Still doesn`t make much sense about Microsoft having a temp number that is replaced by a permanent number I am saying shouldn`t the number that I got off it with magical jellybean before I started be my permanent number?