Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 Pro 64 and IIS 10.0: Cannot see my website from Outside my network
(02-18-2016, 04:56 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Still looks down to me.
https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Yes:

Most of BBUS is still down to the internet externally until I figure out how to have them open the port list I specify. Since this ARRIS and the Netgear router are new equipment, I have to reconfigure all of my machines. Now, all my machines start with 2 and go up to 7, and as we add more machines in, the numbers will change.

The next thing I will do is to open internal ports to the outside and then run a port scan test - then we will see what is working and what is not Wink

Cheers Smile

Brian
Brian S. Baker
Linux Enthusiast /Computer Consultant At Large/ "The Wizkid"
System Admin: buddy-baker.us
buddy-baker.us

I see. Thanks for getting back to us on this.

Photo 
GuiltySpark:

You are VERY welcome:  I spent most of the last 4-5 days making sure that I had the right ports open and accessible - at about 3am this morning, I had Apache24, OpenSSH, MYSQL, PHPMyAdmin, ActivePearl, Curl, php 7.0 and webmin all configured to run off of DAN-PC (192.168.1.3 - at this time, BBUS web based stuff will reside on DAN-PC until I can figure out how to share drive resources between machines.  I have a 500 GIG Hard Disk on BRIAN-PC, and I want to see if I can even the load out on the webserver machine, because it seems that it takes forever to load anything that uses databases.  

Attached, I have given you a screenshot of my System Properties for DAN-PC (This is the Machine that webservices are.  I have Also attached the Specs for BRIAN-PC (My Main machine, where SSH connections to my network are made.  DAN-PC has 3 gigs of Memory, While BRIAN-PC has 6 GIG of RAM, and is an I7.)  

I also installed Wordpress as well - I want to also run some things off of an empty Drive on BRIAN-PC - however, I am not sure how to do this, and I am also questioning whether I should attempt to use Cygwin - I know that it isn't Linux, but it would be cool to do this - I could also run MINT or another Distro - I really want to run  wordpress for my blog that has been down for so long, as I want to bring it back - I have been working SO hard for this, so I am wicked STOKED Smile

As They say - LETS ROLLSmile

Brian

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Brian S. Baker
buddy-baker.us

(02-18-2016, 04:56 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Still looks down to me.
https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
UPDATE: A couple of weeks ago, I abandoned the idea of using IIS in windows 10: I tried installing XAMPP and WAMP and stand alone versions of Openssh, Apache for Windows, MYSQL, PHP7 and Wordpress and all the other parts you would need to run a webserver with the required dependencies. Most of the problem was that in some cases (windows especially) you have to have the directory arguments look like windows (ie: C:\xampp) and sometimes you need to express it like Linux where you have it like this (C:/xampp/) When I was done, I ended up having a mess, because you have to be careful about this when you configure these programs.

I remember back when my server was running, and I remember how easy it was to configure the services: You basically use apt or aptitude or yum or gdebi installer, update your source lists, and then apt-get.

Fast forward a couple weeks and we HAVE a working host: It appears that all the ports I want are open, and available: I was surprised that my surfboard modem lasted so long, but it does appear that everything is up and working again.

If anyone wants to check me out - https://buddy-baker.us/blog/wordpress - a work in progress Wink

Brian
Brian S. Baker
buddy-baker.us