Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching from Chrome to Firefox
(12-06-2016, 06:40 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Well most browsers have some protection these days and not all extensions protect a browser some will cause conflicts which counteract anothers ability.
Fair point, however, with Ublock and Ghostery there are no conflicts. With those two extentions installed, I would say chrome is the most secure browser. But LarryTheComputerGuy is right, you can't just rely on the browser, it does depend on the system and the firewall you have installed.

Quote:Fair point, however, with Ublock and Ghostery there are no conflicts. With those two extentions installed, I would say chrome is the most secure browser.

I don't quite get that as those two extensions have nothing to do with security merely ad and anti-marketing trackers.

Also the latest version of Ghostery does allow for marketeers to track you on SSL sites. (you won't find that in the small print but you can test it out with comparisons from older versions).

(12-06-2016, 07:00 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  
Quote:Fair point, however, with Ublock and Ghostery there are no conflicts. With those two extentions installed, I would say chrome is the most secure browser.

I don't quite get that as those two extensions have nothing to do with security merely ad and anti-marketing trackers.

Also the latest version of Ghostery does allow for marketeers to track you on SSL sites. (you won't find that in the small print but you can test it out with comparisons from older versions).
Well with Ublock it blocks rubbish online, but yeah I see your point. In general chrome is very secure and fast for that matter. The main is vulnerablities and chrome is great at finding them quickly and repairing them.
So I would highly recommend it!

Yea to each their own I guess.

Let me ask you this, what would you consider more secure?
A FW, AV, AMalware?

or

Secured Browser?

or

User knowledge?

also title needs changing from "Changing from FF to Chrome" to "Changing from Chrome to FF".

I use Ghostery, AdblockPro, and Bitdefenders Trafficlight....and still, If I look at something on Amazon, then go to facebook, what I was looking at on Amazon is right there on my Facebook Page....lol

And since I have Adblock Pro on my PC's, I always watch Brians Videos on the PS3 and don't skip ad's  Big Grin

To answer GuiltySpark... User Knowledge
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

Quote:And since I have Adblock Pro on my PC's, I always watch Brians Videos on the PS3 and don't skip ad's  [Image: biggrin.png]

You're fooling no-one Larry Big Grin

Quote: To answer GuiltySpark... User Knowledge

It's an interesting question isn't it?

lol...

Sure is, their is no certain answer.
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185

(12-06-2016, 07:21 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Yea to each their own I guess.

Let me ask you this, what would you consider more secure?
A FW, AV, AMalware?

or

Secured Browser?

or

User knowledge?
hr

also title needs changing from "Changing from FF to Chrome" to "Changing from Chrome to FF".
I would say User Knowledge because with because with knowledge you experience it, then that is secured in your memory. Also sometimes in a situation even after looking ages for the answer of anything, user knowledge comes in when somebody tell you, this is because they have experienced it and are confident with their answer. But yet again their opinion could be biased, so it depends but I know with knowledge there is power.

LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:And since I have Adblock Pro on my PC's, I always watch Brians Videos on the PS3 and don't skip ad's Big Grin
LOL, I don't think you can stop youtube with it ads LOL Big Grin
I don't think anyone will believe this LOL Big Grin

Just sayin....lol

Could just browse the internet with Firefox with a Linux Live CD, and a VPN.....
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185

Quote:LOL, I don't think you can stop youtube with it ads LOL [Image: biggrin.png]

I don't think anyone will believe this LOL [Image: biggrin.png]
SMTube

I posted about this today https://tgigeeks.boards.net/thread/1483/youtube-ads?page=1&scrollTo=7283

You can get it to work in Windows but I haven't attempted it.