Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10: Bug Check 0x154: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
If your friend's laptop is getting hot, I would highly recommend cleaning it internally. Don't blow air in the vents!! "that could make it worse", take it apart. Check the fan and replace the thermal compound while you're at it too.
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

(01-06-2017, 08:50 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  If your friend's laptop is getting hot, I would highly recommend cleaning it internally. Don't blow air in the vents!! "that could make it worse", take it apart. Check the fan and replace the thermal compound while you're at it too.

As Larry suggests.

Delete Error Reports to start afresh as you have pages of it in that system.

Also remove GWX Control Panel (outsider), there is no need for this as it's currently Win 10.

Restart system and check for errors.

If errors persist Disable Readyboost and restart system, check for errors.

(need to narrow things down)

(01-06-2017, 08:50 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  If your friend's laptop is getting hot, I would highly recommend cleaning it internally. Don't blow air in the vents!! "that could make it worse", take it apart. Check the fan and replace the thermal compound while you're at it too.

Good Afternoon Larry:

Unfortunately, I cannot and WILL **not** take the machine apart and start messing with the fans, or the add anything to the machine itself like that:  I work specifically on things that are related to Software and hardware installs, but I cannot do the internal type stuff because of my Cerebral Palsy, as well as my Eye/Hand coordination.  If this condition were not a problem, and I knew how to do such a thing myself, then I would, but I do not - I Leave that to my friends that can do this stuff.

Brian

(01-06-2017, 09:26 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  

As Larry suggests.

Delete Error Reports to start afresh as you have pages of it in that system.

Also remove GWX Control Panel (outsider), there is no need for this as it's currently Win 10.

Restart system and check for errors.

If errors persist Disable Readyboost and restart system, check for errors.

(need to narrow things down)

GuiltySpark:

I agree we need to narrow things down, however, I was asked to run these logging programs by Compton, which I did, and unfortunately, the logs may be extensive because this error has been happening since I upgraded my friend's laptop to Windows 10 - and it keeps happening each time I first turn it on, so I am unsure what to delete to allow for someone to be able to see why there is a problem with this system. At LEAST I am now able to tell what the stop code is: However, I am unable to determine how to fix the problem - It seems like there are LOADS of people with the problem, but no answers from MS.....

Thank you for your input

Brian
Brian S. Baker
Linux Enthusiast /Computer Consultant At Large/ "The Wizkid"
System Admin: buddy-baker.us
buddy-baker.us

I apologize if I offended you Brian in any way, and I can relate to your situation. I am also disabled and understand how frustrating it can be.
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185

(01-06-2017, 10:07 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  I apologize if I offended you Brian in any way, and I can relate to your situation. I am also disabled and understand how frustrating it can be.

Larry:

No offense taken sir!! Smile Just trying to get this problem resolved as soon as possible so that I can get his computer back to him by early next week - What is annoying is that it seems that this error is caused by either:

A) Ms not telling us definitely what the problem's solution is, or asking us to reinstall half the drivers for the Pavilion g6 Laptop - also the fact that I did NOT have any indication that there was any MacAfee Products or 3rd party AV products installed. Maybe there is something still in there, but I think that all 3rd party AV programs were removed by me prior to the upgrade - if there are any other errant pieces of program left, I am unaware of it.

b) This is WINDOWS 10 - and it **should** work out of the box - There have been so many of these errors caused because of something I cannot identify or remove, and there has to be a fix out there somewhere.

Take Care Larry, and do not worry Wink

Brian
Brian S. Baker
Linux Enthusiast /Computer Consultant At Large/ "The Wizkid"
System Admin: buddy-baker.us
buddy-baker.us

A system image includes everything on the PC as it was at the time you imaged it.
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185

I was looking at the laptop from the manufacturer website the laptop don't have any driver support for windows 10

the laptop using windows 10 genetic drivers which can cause problem's

if you have a windows 7 image I would restore that image then take laptop to your friend to get the fans clean

i am pretty sure problem is coming from a genetic driver

(01-07-2017, 01:00 AM)Compton Wrote:  I was looking at  the laptop from the manufacturer website the laptop don't have any driver support for windows 10

the laptop using windows 10 genetic drivers which can cause problem's

if you have a windows 7 image I would restore that image then take laptop to your friend to get the fans clean

i am pretty sure problem is coming from a genetic driver
Yeah if there are no official drivers for the OS, there can be big problems Sad Learn't that hard way

Usually I would say Windows Generic drivers on a laptop will work fine but as this is a HP machine and they are notorious for problems (I hate HP products with a passion) the issue may well be that it cannot handle Win 10 on it's current Firmware.

I would still try disabling ReadyBoost to see if it stops the error.

Clone the current install as a safety net. Then perform a Windows 10 repair install and see if that error goes away. Something may have gone wrong during the upgrade. If things go south during the repair install you have the clone to fall back on.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net