Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alienware HHD problems?
(01-09-2017, 09:49 PM)Compton Wrote:  what is your Service tag ? for the computer

you will need this because i would like you to re install some drivers

I know my service tag so whats next do to? I'm so pumped to fix this issue once and for all Smile.

i would need the service tag to make you install the correct drivers

its safe to post on the forum nobody can harm to your computer from service tag

(01-10-2017, 02:03 AM)Compton Wrote:  i would need the service tag to make you install the correct drivers

its safe to post on the forum nobody can harm to your computer from service tag

9H4G082

Ah...It's a Alienware X51 R3... Hey I noticed on Dell's support page for this model a way to test the hardware for this computer. Might be worth a shot ZPT. See link below.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/9H4G082/diagnose

[Image: 2017-01-09_22-36-23.jpg]
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(01-10-2017, 03:42 AM)Timster Wrote:  Ah...It's a Alienware X51 R3... Hey I noticed on Dell's support page for this model a way to test the hardware for this computer. Might be worth a shot ZPT. See link below.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/9H4G082/diagnose

(01-10-2017, 04:13 AM)ZPT Wrote:  
(01-10-2017, 03:42 AM)Timster Wrote:  Ah...It's a Alienware X51 R3... Hey I noticed on Dell's support page for this model a way to test the hardware for this computer. Might be worth a shot ZPT. See link below.

This is what i get...

CPU

The CPU in this system is operating within specifications.

Consider running the following fixes and steps for resolving slow performance issues.
Windows 10
Windows 7
Windows Vista
Windows 8
If you've recently installed new hardware or software, consider running a [System Restore ], which will return your system to the condition it was in prior to installing new applications. Note: Your personal data will not be affected.
Make sure the processor is receiving adequate cooling by cleaning vents and fans of excess lint, dust or debris.

Read this article to resolve slow performance issues.

Memory

Your memory module appears to be working correctly. However, this diagnostic cannot detect some memory failures. If you suspect something is wrong with your memory module, running a memory stress test can uncover issues that are not easily detected Run memory stress test.
Note: Depending on your device’s memory quantity, this test may take 1-2 hours to complete.

Read how to troubleshoot memory issues in Notebooks and Desktops.
DVDMINUSRW

The device has been tested and is operating normally.

Consider running the following fixes for optical drive issues.
Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 7
windows 8
Windows 10
If you are experiencing issues reading or writing media, try multiple different types and brands.
Consider viewing the Dell’s Troubleshooting page to identify solutions to simple configuration issues.

HardDrive

The hard drive(s) in your system are in operational condition. In many cases, applications running on your computer cause performance issues.
Consider running the following fixes for resolving slow performance issues.
Windows 7
Windows Vista
Windows 10
Consider reviewing this Dell Knowledge Base article on how to test if software on your system may be causing the issue.
If you have anti-virus or anti-malware software, consider scanning your system to determine if you have an active infection.

reinstall
Drivers
  • audio
  • Realtek High Definition] (HD) Audio Driver
  • chipset
  • Intel Chipset Driver
  • Intel Serial I/O driver
  • Intel Management Engine Driver
  • Networrk
  • Realtek PCI-E Ethernet Controller Driver
  • INTEL 3165/7265 Wireless driver
  • video
  • INVIDIA GeForce GTX660, GTX670, GTX680, GTX690, GTX760, GTX760Ti, GTX770, GTX780, GTX960, GTX970, GTX980, GTX980Ti, GTX TitanX, GTX TitanZ Win10 64bit WHQL Desktop Graphics Driver

(01-10-2017, 04:29 AM)Compton Wrote:  reinstall
Drivers

• audio
  • Realtek High Definition] (HD) Audio Driver
  • chipset
  • Intel Chipset Driver
  • Intel Serial I/O driver
  • Intel Management Engine Driver
  • Networrk
  • Realtek PCI-E Ethernet Controller Driver
  • INTEL 3165/7265 Wireless driver
  • video
  • INVIDIA GeForce GTX660, GTX670, GTX680, GTX690, GTX760, GTX760Ti, GTX770, GTX780, GTX960, GTX970, GTX980, GTX980Ti, GTX TitanX, GTX TitanZ Win10 64bit WHQL Desktop Graphics Driver

OK, I'm sick of this computer. Now I can't connect to the wireless internet dns_probe_finished_no_internet and much more other things like invalid address something and yes I tired solving the problem with the cmd, proto pvs 4v1 somthing i dont remember and the flush dns thing. Like why am I the only one having issues with my drivers I really don't understand, I update them and always take care of my computer I don't do anything else but study and play on this CP this is like...(sigh) is there an easier way to fix this computer? like i said before can i just buy a new hard drive or something?

I would like to know when are the errors occurring? Is the computer under load when it starts failing. If you are getting blue screens can you post the dump file log.

how to post blue screen dump file on forum with bluescreenview
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(01-10-2017, 03:54 PM)Timster Wrote:  I would like to know when are the errors occurring? Is the computer under load when it starts failing. If you are getting blue screens can you post the dump file log.

how to post blue screen dump file on forum with bluescreenview

The dump files are in the beginning of the form.

zpt let's test memory how to write memtest86 to a flash drive

ust to be clear you reinstall the drivers?