Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C++Runtime Error abnormal program termination
(05-21-2017, 02:56 PM)Compton Wrote:  can you please  upload the  malwarebytes log file to the forum

I trust that these are what you asked for.

Attached Files
.txt   Scanning History Log.txt (Size: 1.04 KB / Downloads: 5)
.txt   Daily Protection Log.txt (Size: 4.36 KB / Downloads: 2)

[Image: icon1449155872.png]Zemana AntiMalware

download and install Zemana AntiMalware
  • check for updates select on scan [Image: 2fSZJuQ]  after the scan is completed
  • remove any malware that is found
  • select on  reports [Image: 2gOiKD6]
  • select open report select file save as
  • save the report
  • post the report on your next reply on the   forum

[Image: junkware_removal_tool.png]Fix with Junkware Removal Tool

Please download JRT by Malwarebytes and save the file to your desktop.
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.
  • Right-click on [Image: junkware_removal_tool.png] icon and select [Image: RunAsAdmin.jpg] Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Follow the prompts and let this process run uninterrupted.
  • This scan can take a while, depending on your System specs.
  • Upon completion, a log (JRT.txt) will open on your desktop.

Please include the contents of that file in your reply.

[Image: adwcleaner_new.png]Fix with AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save the file to your desktop.
  • Right-click on [Image: adwcleaner_new.png] icon and select [Image: RunAsAdmin.jpg] Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Follow the prompts and click Scan.
  • When finished, please click Clean.
  • Upon completion, click Report. A log (AdwCleaner[S*].txt) will open.

Please include the contents of that file in your reply.

[Image: hitmanpro.png]HitmanPro

• Please download HitmanPro.
  • Launch the program by double clicking on the icon. (Windows Vista/7 users right click on the HitmanPro icon and select run as administrator).
  • Click on the next button. You must agree with the terms of EULA.
  • Check the box beside "No, I only want to perform a one-time scan to check this computer".
  • Click on the next button.
  • The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.
  • When the scan is done click on drop-down menu of the found entries (if any) and choose - Apply to all => Ignore <= IMPORTANT!!!
  • Click on the next button.
  • Click on the "Export scan results to XML file".
  • Save that file to your desktop and post in your next reply.

I ran scans on each of the four suggested programs. While some minor problems were detected, there were no indications of actual malware. I'll send copies of the logs of these scans as soon as I figure out how this can be done. My previous attempt was rejected because I had exceeded the maximum allowable file size for attachments.

After running these scans and correcting the minor problems shown, the original problem still causes my computer to freeze.

Thank you for your assistance.

.zip   MyZip.zip (Size: 5.88 KB / Downloads: 5)
Attached are compressed log files of scan runs on each of the four suggested anti-malware/anti-adware programs.

As I noted previously after running these scans, making the few minor fixes indicated, the original problem remains.

ok I may see why you are having problems do you use registry cleaner on your system?

WiseCleaner registry was remove by adwcleaner

WiseCleaner registry can do more damage then good what is the name of program you are trying to run?

Yes, I have used Wise Registry Cleaner. The program that I have been trying to run is QuattroPro within WordPerfect 12 suite.

just to be clear you  purchase the software and you are not trying to install a pirate version?

of the software I think  Wise Registry Cleaner. may have done some damage to your system

I think it would be best if you do a repair install of windows 10 stay away from Registry cleaner

Yes, I purchased this software.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

ok you are welcome would you like me to close the thread at this point

or will you be doing the repair install to see if that would fix the problem

Yes, I would like to close the thread at this time. I'll do the re-install of Windows 10 later.
Again, thank you for your help.

ok thread closed if you would like thread to be re open pm myself or admins