Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIx screen display stuck on 1366 * 768 resolution
(07-03-2017, 08:51 AM)Partha Wrote:  Okay, please right click the   Non Pnp Monitor, click Update Driver and select the option that lets it search online for the driver

Hi Partha

I get message, " The best driver is already installed"

I have tried to unistall the driver, restart the laptop and it will re install automatically. I have 3rd party driver update software, that is, Iobit driver booster, it says all my monitor and display software are up to date.

Kind Regards

Abie

What graphics card do you have? Please follow this tutorial to post your system specs:
How to Find Your Full System Specs Using Speccy

(07-03-2017, 09:20 AM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  What graphics card do you have? Please follow this tutorial to post your system specs:
How to Find Your Full System Specs Using Speccy

Ok, here we go.

https://speccy.piriform.com/results/dtiggD31cBxXQUvHLGPfzpD

Kind Regards

Abzozo

I couldn't find any monitor from LG with the model name LG W223S. Are you sure that's the name and you're not missing anything?

you could also try this....

Do a right click on your Generic Non-PnP Monitor driver, choose Update Driver Software » Browse my computer for driver software » Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Uncheck Show compatible hardware.

On the right box of (Standard monitor types), pick the one that fits your monitor resolution and refresh rate, and install it

Source: https://www.custompcguide.net/windows-suddenly-does-not-recognize-monitor-stuck-on-generic-non-pnp-driver-at-low-resolution/

(07-03-2017, 10:10 AM)Partha Wrote:  I couldn't find any monitor from LG with the model name LG W223S. Are you sure that's the name and you're not missing anything?

you could also try this....

Do a right click on your Generic Non-PnP Monitor driver, choose Update Driver Software » Browse my computer for driver software » Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Uncheck Show compatible hardware.

On the right box of (Standard monitor types), pick the one that fits your monitor resolution and refresh rate, and install it

Source: https://www.custompcguide.net/windows-suddenly-does-not-recognize-monitor-stuck-on-generic-non-pnp-driver-at-low-resolution/

Hi Partha

Its this one, https://www.lg.com/za/monitors/lg-W2243S-PF-widescreen-computer-monitor

Ok, let me check your proposed solution, will revert to u later

Kind Regards

Abzozo

Sure, I will wait.

You could boot into a Linux live disc and check to see if you can configure the monitor settings, this would rule out a hardware issue.

Please download and install the Intel Driver Update Utility
Once it has downloaded, run it and select the option to check for updates for your graphics card

abzozo1, On the bottom of your im assuming laptop there should be a black sticker can you find it and look for model# m/n and reply back with the numbers and letters that you see next to model #?

(07-03-2017, 10:29 AM)Partha Wrote:  Sure, I will wait.

Hello Partha

No that didnt help. I'm beginning to think its a hardware related problem.

Let me try other solutions on meantine, like installing Intel Utility update software.

Kind Regards

Abzozo

(07-03-2017, 05:30 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote:  Please download and install the Intel Driver Update Utility
Once it has downloaded, run it and select the option to check for updates for your graphics card

Hi Rec device helper

Let me try this and come back to u.

Kind Regards

Abzozo1

(07-03-2017, 10:32 AM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  You could boot into a Linux live disc and check to see if you can configure the monitor settings, this would rule out a hardware issue.

Hi Guilty Spark

Let me see how I can download the Linux live disk.

Kind Regads

Abzozo1