Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my pc has got the BSOD
yes they should be able to create correctly for a small fee

take the flash drive ask them to create windows home64bit installation flash drive

ah i see. i looked over my new flash drive that i bought yesterday, a lexar 64GB.. i see it has an file attached "encryptstick like.app" should i delete it -it might interfere when if i get to boot from it?

when you take it the shop all that stuff will be erased to create the Windows 10 installation flash drive

no worries. if and when they actually agree to create it for me and it works and i can access the desktop, it will feel like i won the mega lottery. you can imagine the stress that comes with a bsod. let me convey my thx to britec forum for giving me good tips on tackling my issue. and lets pray for a speedy end to this event

do keep us updated

i will compton. please keep the thread open -up until i report back that i successfully regained control of pc.

and now let us reveiw my bsod timeline

1. norton is partilly to blame for my bsod -while it was scanning in its monthly schedule, it froze mid way. in a haste, i accidently powered off pc.
2. tried to get back, message said it encountered a registry error.
3. i tried using rollback rx and use the most recent snapshot of registry, somehow, it failed to do that. and while being frusterated, i uninstalled it. message said it would use the recent snapshot before uninstalling, i clicked yes. there was only a yes or no option.
4. restarted, and thats when i went into bsod. first it was a black screen then blue screen.
5. then the "pc encountered an error -couldnt find/activate a program etc must restart. scan goes to 100% and stays there.
6. tried to get into bios and use an old backup of a disk as well as a rescue disk, but could not execute the process as iam not very familiar with bios.
7. tried to access the startup screen, clicked safe mode, the pc directed me back to that restart screen counting down to 100% in infinite loop.

so...from all this sounds like the registry is corrupt. nothing to do with the hard drive nor the ram as claimed by asus, comcast. from this, i should hopefully see resolvement by mid november. in the present, iam not able to obtain copy of windows 10 home 64bit installation disk. for now, being on my gaming console will suffice, despite the browser is as slow as IE, which in fact ps3 uses IE ha-ha. if anyone has any comments to make about what ive outline, express them . cheers