Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my pc has got the BSOD
(10-21-2017, 06:13 AM)Partha Wrote:  I can understand your anxiety but you have to calm down to be able to deal with the issue; I know this can be fixed and so it's better  if you  relax

you  won't even have to spend a dime to fix this; just do as we say. Did you follow the steps as explained in the video?

Ok, maybe i can buy install disk. It shouldnt cost too much, depending on which store i buy from. Also, thx for calming me down. The other forum wanted to load a bunch of technical stuff which made me dizzy. Let me search for disk and cost possibly tomorrow

(10-21-2017, 06:41 AM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote:  Ok, maybe i can buy install disk. It shouldnt cost too much, depending on which store i buy from. Also,  thx for calming me down. The other forum wanted to load a bunch of technical stuff which made me dizzy. Let me search for disk and cost possibly tomorrow
But you don't have to buy it. Did you  follow the steps as mentioned in the video?

(10-21-2017, 06:49 AM)Partha Wrote:  
(10-21-2017, 06:41 AM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote:  Ok, maybe i can buy install disk. It shouldnt cost too much, depending on which store i buy from. Also,  thx for calming me down. The other forum wanted to load a bunch of technical stuff which made me dizzy. Let me search for disk and cost possibly tomorrow
But you don't have to buy it. Did you  follow the steps as mentioned in the video?

Yes. But iam an odd sort, i dont mind buying disk. I saw windows 10 64bit avaliable at bestbuy for around 100 dollars. But iam still open to other non buying options. Iam limited what i can do download-wise on the gaming console. But iam exploring ways to expand downloading on the ps3 as i mentioned i got memtest program delivered to flash drive

you said the computer is only a year so it should have a Asus recovery partition

if you have no important  data then that would be the easiest way to fix the computer

yes it does have recovery partition. i tried downloading a windows ISO file onto flash from my ps3, but it failed to download, the flash is new today. just now i tried to press the F9 key as in the video. in recovery screen, it said cant access or something...it takes me right back to startup screen, i try again pressing safe mode, again takes me back to this pc will restart etc. its looking hopeless

Edit- i called asus support. And based on the info i gave them, they said it could be the RAM . The repair cost might be as high as $330 dollars. With shipping it to asus. I cant afford it. If someone with a good tip on a free, even a trial ram repair program would be nice. I miss my pc

(10-20-2017, 04:46 PM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote:  firstly, iam a bit angry...placing blame on rollback rx. know i saved last known configuration of registry in case something like this occurred. but it failed to use saved snapshot. i tried up to 4 times, but to no avail. so i uninstalled it. (iam on my gaming console) as a temporary fix. the bsod appeared right after norton was doing normal scan of pc.. but then it frozeup. accidently hit the power button! right after that the trouble started. since last night, all i get is "pc ran into error, will restart...etc etc" so now, i even tried to boot into bios, i chose all known configurations of safe mode, i still received that error page. so now iam at a standstill, unsure what to do next. even a win10 forum iam on could not give me any solid leads on how to tackle this dilemma and my isp's chat help was of no help.

In order to download the iso you will utorrent (preferably version 2.1 and be sure to unceck any boxes that have to woth other sofware other then utorrent, bit torrent etc
You can find windows 7 clean iso's at this link https://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

As for 8.1 and windows 10 they both have media creation tools that britec has made videos about.

You can burn the iso image using many types of software, some examples would imgburn,rufas,ultra iso etc

PrimeDirective64 nothing is hopeless do you have a friend computer you can use to create Windows 10 installation flash drive?

if you do then follow this video to create Windows 10 installation flash drive

Oddly enough noone has replied to my emails about that compton bro. However, i found i have 1 saved backup disk plus a rescue disk...alas i created them after the anniversary update. But in a quirky way, iam thinking about buying new pc. The repair cost mirrors the same amount i can buy new pc, so repairing is off the agenda. Ram damaged? hard drive damage? Noone knows for sure.

PrimeDirective64 to answer the question I am pretty sure your hard drive and ram is good

it's not a hardware  problem all you need to do is reinstall windows 10 onto the hard drive

I would not listen to Asus they are trying to make money from you be careful with repair shops doing that too

if you have a  save backup you can restore from why not use that, yes it's a bit old but the key is getting back to the desktop then

we can work from there

I have another option you can  take

take the flash drive to a repair  shop ask to create Windows 10 installation flash drive

then we can work from there

what version of Windows 10 did you have on the laptop?

windows 10 pro 64bit

windows 10 home 64bit

Its win10 home 64bit. But you sure repair shop can actually create on flash? - probaley for small fee...i never thought about that hmm