Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
intel (r) hd 3000 issue help me please
i ran gimp and i have a normal screen color but ill try a couple other freebies that you suggest just to be sure

You'll have to use the programs a bit to get some intensity, remember GIMP is a image manipulation program so use the colours and shapes/sizes etc, try exporting a pic as a .png and opening it in windows photo gallery. We are just testing the screen colours after all.

Id say im in the clear now thankgod lol but if i see it happen again ill make sure to tell on it hahaha Thankyou guiltyspark i appreciate it Smile

The problems back Sad

Im thinking about just wiping the hard drive and reinstalling the operating system

What happens if you plug it into an external monitor?

(02-27-2015, 10:44 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  What happens if you plug it into an external monitor?

I agree.. We need to know if it shows itself on a external monitor.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

I wiped the harddrive and rebult the os from scratch and the graphics card seems to be working fine but if the problem comes back ill be sure to hook it up to one of my pc monitors and get back to you guys about it Smile

The problem came back. i took a picture with my phone that has a label with numbers and has hdr mixed in with it which i have as my desktop background do you think that could be part of the problem? but i plan on plugging in my pc monitor to my laptop later on hopefully tomorrow but it all depends on if i can get enough time to do so, i have a 3 year old child that makes some things difficult for me to do some times lol. but after i seen the problem i decided to use the program called furmark to stress test my graphics card for 10 minutes and the screen of my laptop was normal all the way through which is kind off odd i think.

when i plug a pc monitor in my laptop is there a certain thing i need to watch for or a certain amount of time to have the monitor plugged in?

these aren't pictures of my laptop monitor but its almost identical to what my screen looks like when it happens. i guess the word is described as "washed out" but it happens at random times and lasts a few seconds then goes away and i have my normal windows 7 screen back

Attached Files
.jpg   7649iE3500FE522423881.jpg (Size: 26.39 KB / Downloads: 27)
.jpg   original.jpg (Size: 24.98 KB / Downloads: 27)

I would try this download a Linux distro put it on a flash drive boot off it

Let it run and see what will happen if the display looks great in Linux and don,t get washed out its probably the display drivers in windows

if it turn washed out its probably the graphics card. you can download Linux lite https://www.linuxliteos.com/ I think it comes with gimp install also

Basically if you have a known good external monitor plugged in you wait until the problem comes back on the laptop screen and see if it's showing the same problem on the external monitor. If the external monitor is not showing the problem then you can bet that the problem most likely is with your laptop screen or screen cable itself and not your video card. Note that there are some extremely rare cases that this is not true however you can at least get pointed in a direction of where the problem lies.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net