Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toshiba Satellite wont boot
I would say my Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5120 recovery partition got corrupted is there any way I can get a rectory disc

Do you happen to know why this happens?

partition corruption can happen for many reasons that why having a data backup plan is very important

Are you sure this will help? Its like 40 bucks. And how do I gp about using it?

I don't think its a Disk I think its a USB:          • SW Media - USB-Satellite C55D-A-Windows 8 64bit Std-SP (USD $39.95)

That is what you want. The only issue you may run into is that you possibly could have a failing hard drive. That could be one reason why your partition is corrupted. Either way you will need the recovery media. Once you get your recovery up and running I would check your hard drive just to be sure. If you get the recovery media you can come back here if you need help booting to the usb. can be a bit tricky with UEFI BIOS and Windows 8.1.

A little late now but ordering media could have been avoided if you would have created restoration media when you first purchased the laptop. Most users don't bother. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

you could test your HDD using hires boot CD but you would have to put it on a CD or a flash drive

but like timster said booting from a UEFI BIOS can tricky

I definitely will start making those backups, I appreciate all of your help. Let me ask you this though. There is a computer repair shop down the road, would it be better for me to take it there or just pay the 40 bucks for the recovery disk.

I have already made a Repair Disk for my desktop comp.

the repair shop down the road would not have the recovery flash drive

you would still have to order it from Toshiba, if you are a person that like doing things on your own then
I would not take it to the repair shop

Hey guys i got a recovery drive, so how do i do this?

Great! I am assuming your computer shipped with Windows 8/8.1?

If so you may need to disable secure boot and enable legacy in your BIOS.

Check Toshiba - How to Understand Windows 8 Recovery System Options This should help you understand how to boot into your recovery media.

Just curious, did Toshiba ship you disks or usb thumb drive.

If you are still having troubles or need more questions answered please just let us know.

*as a side note I know that with samsung laptops you do not have to disable secure boot to boot into their recovery media. They have a keyboard shortcut during post that allows you to boot to Samsung recovery media. (Probably too much info for this post  Undecided )
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net