Add “Take Ownership” to Right-Click Context Menu in Windows 8.1
Wouldn’t it be great to add take ownership to the right click context menu? We know making folder and file security changes or permissions changes to take ownership of them files and folders can take many steps which can be very repetitive. Well there is a real simple way to do this and it can save you heaps of time and cut out the a number of steps. We need to make changes to the registry so we can add take ownership to right click context menu. I know what your thinking…can I remove it if I don’t want it any more? of course, I will add a removal registry file that will remove what we added to the registry. But like always, its always best to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong when adding or removing “Take Ownership” to Right-Click Context Menu.
Without Take ownership added to right click context menu.
1. To Add “Take Ownership” to right-click menu.
- Click Download button to download AddandRemoveTakeOwnership.7z file.
2. Now we need to extract AddandRemoveTakeOwnership.7z
- Right click file and hover over 7-zip and move to Extract Here > This is extract to registry files.
- AddTakeOwnership.reg and RemoveTakeOwnership.reg
3. Double click on AddTakeOwnership.reg file to run it.
4. If you agree to terms Click on Yes to Registry Editor security warning dialog box.
5. Click OK > Keys have been successfully added.
- Take Ownership has been added to Right-Click Context Menu in Windows 8.1
6. So lets check our added feature.
7. To remove Take Ownership
- Double click on RemoveTakeOwnership.reg file to run it.
8. Click on Yes to Registry Editor security warning dialog box.
9. Click OK > Keys have been successfully removed.
- Take Ownership has been removed from the Right-Click Context Menu in Windows 8.1
That’s it, hope this helps you out. If you like this guide please share with friends and family.