Fix corrupt user profile in windows 8: This guide will help you fix a corrupt profile in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
It will also work in other versions of Windows for example Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and so on. By following my guide you should be able to copy your old user profile data from corrupt user account to a new account that you have just created.
There is two types of user accounts in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Local Account and Live Account. For the Live Account you need to have a Microsoft account, this could be a Hotmail or live e-mail account, having a live account lets you sync your computers information and its settings between two computers and they can use the same Microsoft Account.
Here’s the steps to fix a corrupt user profile.
1. Press Windows Key + Q this will open App Search now type cmd.
2. Right-click on cmd.exe and select Run As Administrator.
3. User Account Control will appear, click on Yes.
4. Next Type: net user username password /add push Enter
Important: Please replace ‘username‘ and ‘password‘ above with your username and password that your going to use.
(example: net user Brian Test_password /add)
Now lets copy your old user profile data to new one
1. Right click bottom left corner and select File Explorer
2. Click view and then on the right Options (change folder and search options)
3. Select View tab put radio button in Show Hidden Files remove tick from Hide Extensions and remove tick from hide Operating System files click OK
4. Say yes to warning
5. Go to C:\Users\Your Corrupted User Profile\ and copy all files apart from
6. Copy all files except three files :
7. Now copy files into New User Profile
That’s it. Now you can delete the corrupted profile, all information and settings from corrupted profile should be successfully transferred to NEW User Profile.