Fix hal.dll is missing or corrupt with Spotmau
This is another way of fixing hal.dll is missing or corrupt
Using the Windows Recovery Console
The Windows 2000 and Windows XP CDs supplied by Microsoft have a tool called the Recovery Console which can be used to repair errors that prevent Windows XP from starting using the command line. OEM versions of Windows XP, including computers that were supplied with Windows XP preinstalled, may not have this utility, so the following steps may not work:
* Insert the Windows CD and start the computer.
* When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press R.
* Type a number corresponding to the Windows installation you wish to repair (usually 1) and press Enter.
* When prompted, type the administrator password and press Enter.
* At the command prompt, enter the following commands./ (The example commands assume that C: is your Windows drive. Change the drive letter if appropriate.)
ATTRIB -H -R -S C:BOOT.INI
BOOTCFG /REBUILD FIXBOOT
* Remove the Windows XP CD from the drive and restart the computer.
If this does not resolve the problem:
* Repeat the instructions above to boot to the recovery console and log on as administrator.
* At the command prompt type the following command:
EXPAND D:I386HAL.DL_ C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32HAL.DLL