Fix Unidentified Network and No Network Access: This is a very common error Windows, I was using Windows 8.1 PC / laptop have have this network problem a number of times, the symptoms are when using computer you lose internet connectivity. This is a more common when you resume from sleep or hibernation. You may notice in system tray that the wireless icon will display a yellow exclamation mark saying “Unidentified Network” “No Network Access” “Limited WiFi Connection” error message.
Now there is a very quick fix for this issue, but its not a permanent fix and if you use sleep or hibernation a lot it can become a receptive task which is unnecessary because there is a permanent fix which should resolve you network issue.
1. Right-click the “Start Button” then click “Control Panel” > Next, chose ‘Device Manager’ option.
2. Right-click the WiFi adapter, mine is “Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter” > select Disable and Enable.
That should now be working. I will show you a more permanent resolution for the network error later in the guide.
Still not working? try this.
1. Open Search and type cmd > Click Command Prompt > Then click Run as administrator.
Type the following commands:
(press Enter after each command)
- netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
- netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
- netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
- netsh int tcp show global
Now reboot your computer and see if solved you network issue.
Permanent fix for “Unidentified Network” or “Limited access”
1. Press + R, on the keyboard > now type ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
2. Right-click the Wireless Adapter and click Properties, on the Networking tab, click the Configure button.
3. Click Power Management tab, remove check-mark “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” and click OK.
4. Right-click the Wireless Adapter and click Properties, on the Sharing tab.
- Remove check-mark “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection” click OK.
That’s it, you should now have a permanent fix for “Unidentified Network” “No Network Access” “Limited WiFi Connection” error message.
Please share with your friends and family if you found this guide helpful.