How to Turn Your Windows 10 Laptop into a Wi-Fi Hotspot: If you are looking to turn your computer into a WiFi hotspot, then you are in the right place, what my video and you with be able to setup a hotspot in no time.
1. netsh wlan show drivers – This will let you know if your laptop supports virtual hotspot feature.
2. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid= key=
SSID means network broadcast name.
Key means the passphrase. ie your desired password.
3. netsh wlan start hostednetwork
Will show your newly created hosted network.
4. netsh wlan show hostednetwork
Will show created hosted network details.
Now you have to share your Wired or Wireless connection. Just open Run box and enter ncpa.cpl
You can watch video to see how it is done.
5. netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
This will stop the shared hosted network you created.
Need help? head over to our forum for free help and support.