Virgin Media Data Breach | Have You Been Affected ❓
Are you a Virgin media customer? What to do if you are among 900,000 customers affected, and which data was hacked
Since April, 2019, information from 900,000 people was accessible via a Virgin Media database. Names, Addresses, Phone Numbers and Some date of birth info has been leaked.
This is the sort of stuff leaked:
* Full names, addresses, date of birth, phone numbers, alternative contact phone numbers and IP addresses – corresponding to both customers and “friends” referred to the service by customers.
* Requests to block or unblock various pornographic, gore related and gambling websites, corresponding to full names and addresses. IMEI numbers associated with stolen phones.
* Subscriptions to the different aspects of their services, including premium components.
* The device type owned by the user, where relevant.
* The “Referrer” header taken seemingly from a users browser, containing what would appear to be the previous website that the user visited before accessing Virgin Media.
* Form submissions by users from their website.
This is pretty scary stuff if your a virgin media customer.
#VirginMedia #DataBreach #DataBase #Hackers #Phishing