Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Latest Threads
Humans Have Been Around F...
Last Post: Desperado91
05-08-2024, 03:09 PM
Unsurpassed Сasual Dating...
Last Post: bubuxem
05-08-2024, 08:29 AM
How The Rosetta Stone Unl...
Last Post: kalpeshdeora1006
05-06-2024, 05:04 PM
[Unsurpassed Сasual Datin...
Last Post: IBOSONIC
05-06-2024, 02:28 PM
Antimatter
Last Post: roya
05-06-2024, 04:30 AM
Let's talk Photography!
Last Post: MacTavish
05-06-2024, 04:04 AM
Scale of the Universe
Last Post: TaddyBear
05-05-2024, 11:45 PM
Geminids
Last Post: hpelec
05-05-2024, 09:49 PM
Exemplary Сasual Dating -...
Last Post: stefko888
05-05-2024, 02:12 PM
Curved Spacetime
Last Post: RayenIssaoui
05-05-2024, 12:50 PM

Forum Statistics
» Members: 10,801,   » Latest member: bobbybutt,   » Forum threads: 4,232,   » Forum posts: 30,471,  
Full Statistics

Boolean Operator Statements Help
Posted by: mclarenclarkson - 10-18-2014, 07:22 PM - Forum: Programming - Replies (1)

Hi,

So I've been trying to learn C++ and I've downloaded a free book on my phone that explains the basics but I am confused by Boolean Operator Statements (i.e. NOT, OR, AND.) I don't understand what their purpose really is? I can use if and else statements fine but these other ones I can't. Would somebody mind explaining what their purpose is?

All help is appreciated,
Dan.

Print this item

WinToUSB Trojan!?
Posted by: mclarenclarkson - 10-18-2014, 03:58 PM - Forum: Software Repairs and Troubleshooting - Replies (14)

Hi all,

So I recently went into my local shop and saw a computer magazine about Windows 10 and how to run the technical preview on your PC and it seemed easy to do so I went home and downloaded the iso. I didn't want to partition my drive so I tried an external drive and it was so slow that copying a folder with 2.5GB of pictures would have taken 2 and a half hours to do! So I did some research and then I saw that their was a program called "WinToUsb" that had been recommended by lifehacker (I think) and looked very promising. So I downloaded the 1.5 Version and it spat me out an error so I downloaded the 1.6 Beta Version which worked fine. But then when it was writing to the USB kaspersky flashed up and said "Trojan detected, virus removed". I am very confused as to why it gave me that and I am wondering if I should download it again and disable/make an exception in kaspersky?

Should I do it or is it too risky? I rarely get false positives from kaspersky.

Thanks for all the help,
Dan.

Print this item

360 Total Security
Posted by: RADDY1993 - 10-18-2014, 06:18 AM - Forum: Security, Viruses, Trojans & Malware Removal - Replies (8)

Guys i have just started using 360 Total Security and i think its very good, also it has a lot of tools and such for a free Anti Virus. Has anyone else used or does use this, hopefully Brian can do a review on it. Check out the home page HERE

Print this item

Can't seem to get a wireless router to work with Win7.
Posted by: BigJerr - 10-17-2014, 09:15 PM - Forum: Windows 7 - Replies (5)

It works if a cable connection is used.  However when going in to the network settings there is no wireless adapter.  I tried to set one up but it doesn't seem to work.  (Some time ago someone mentioned to me that W7 doesn't support wireless.)  Does anyone have any ideas?  TIA.

Print this item

I'm here .........
Posted by: BigJerr - 10-17-2014, 08:56 PM - Forum: New Member Introductions - Replies (9)

Hello everyone. I'm BigJerr from north of San Francisco. Also am IT Consultant. Very glad to be here!

Print this item

Potential Programming Section?
Posted by: mclarenclarkson - 10-17-2014, 08:15 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (10)

Hi guys,

So I was browsing around the site and I was thinking that it would be great if we could get a section devoted to programming where people could discuss their problems or just talk about code. The only problem is that I'm not sure how many of you guys actually write code? I'd love to be able to talk to other people about code as I really need help and their is only 1 friend that I can get help from.

I look forward to seeing what you guys have to say about the subject,
Dan.

Print this item

WIN7 won't let me on internet
Posted by: Sandres374 - 10-17-2014, 07:11 PM - Forum: Windows 7 - Replies (9)

My malwarebytes program got zapped for a second time now (paid ver.) in the past couple of months. Tried using the 13 comileons to no avail. My Bitdefender 2013 program knockout a trojan of some type but still no access to IE. I have also lost all sound, no matter what program I use. I had downloaded an upgrade on Freemake's Converter when it came up the other day. Usually I pay close attention to make sure I'm not loading toolbars etc. That's when the hiccups started. I went back and blew out the Converter but it may have taken some dlls with it. I tried Brian's idea on upgrading but got to the service pack and it would not uninstall it all. I am using mozilla to get around IE. Am I stuck with having to do a complete reinstall of WIN7? Any suggestions would be helpful. Huh

Print this item

copyright warning to members
Posted by: Britec - 10-17-2014, 02:31 PM - Forum: Announcements - Replies (2)

To all members, if you are posting content, please make sure it is your own or you have permission to post, 3 big articles from Geekazoidtech have been copied from ather sites without there consent, he has received 3 strikes and is now banned from the forum.
(example)
[Image: How_to_Choose_a_Good_Computer_Technician.png]

Print this item

Overclock my i7
Posted by: mattybourke94 - 10-16-2014, 02:35 PM - Forum: Overclocking and Modding - Replies (5)

Hey Brian this is Matty Bourke here just wanted to know how i can overclock my cpu i have a Alienware 18 and my cpu is a Intel Core i7 4900MQ processor anyway i wanted to overclock my cpu from stock 3.7 to 4.2 ghz what program do i need to do that

Print this item

SSD's and Imaging
Posted by: Russ - 10-16-2014, 02:26 PM - Forum: Software Repairs and Troubleshooting - Replies (2)

Afternoon All,

I was just wondering, with the SSD I have, I use Acronis CD to create an Image to my external drive.
I have done a few images now, and had to put an image back a couple of times. That all went ok,
but with SSD's, is this right. I mean, is it best to format the drive first, or just lay the image over the
the old one. I did look on line with this question, but the results I got were mainly how to create
an Image. I'm not having any issues with the drive or image. Just wondered if what i'm doing is fine.
The operating system is Windows 7 Pro.
Much appreciated for any advice.

Cheers all

Russ

Print this item