Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Latest Threads
why things float?
Last Post: mugasoft
34 minutes ago
Top-notch Сasual Dating -...
Last Post: ygezer
11 hours ago
Supreme Сasual Dating - A...
Last Post: kalpeshdeora1006
Yesterday, 06:54 PM
Outstanding Сasual Dating...
Last Post: mugasoft
Yesterday, 04:43 PM
Unsurpassed Сasual Dating...
Last Post: teo_78
Yesterday, 03:26 PM
Optimal Сasual Dating - G...
Last Post: game
05-01-2024, 06:59 AM
Prime Сasual Dating - Aut...
Last Post: angbb
05-01-2024, 12:53 AM
Exemplary Сasual Dating -...
Last Post: kianMGH
04-30-2024, 11:48 PM
Finest Сasual Dating - Ac...
Last Post: semsigungor
04-30-2024, 08:30 AM
Top-notch Сasual Dating -...
Last Post: rortega474
04-30-2024, 05:03 AM

Forum Statistics
» Members: 10,801,   » Latest member: bobbybutt,   » Forum threads: 4,232,   » Forum posts: 30,445,  
Full Statistics

Threading and Hyper Threading
Posted by: mclarenclarkson - 10-21-2014, 03:00 PM - Forum: Programming - Replies (2)

Hey guys,

So I am no way near the stage of using threads but I know what they are and how they can be used. But my question is when should I use hyper threading and when should I use normal threading? Is their a big difference?

Thanks for all the help,
Dan.

Print this item

How to enable Windows Mail in Windows 7
Posted by: davidvh2 - 10-21-2014, 09:38 AM - Forum: Software Repairs and Troubleshooting - Replies (1)

Hi everyone. Brian did a good video piece on how one might put Windows Mail on a Windows 7 32 bit system. On that video he said he'd do another one on Windows Mail but showing us how to put it on a 64 bit Windows System. I've managed this myself but clicked so many things I'm not 100% certain what I eventually did right but it does actually work. However I did find that when selecting to use Windows Mail as my chosen mail program, as soon as I clicked OK, the Windows desktop icons for WM immediately disappeared as did the WM exe file in the MW program so clearly something is not 100%. This is why I'd like to view that promised video but I can't find it. If Brian is "listening" then congrats at getting back & if you have somehow hidden this video, please tell me where it is or help us out again. Many thanks for all the previous videos.

Print this item

BIOS and Hyper-V support
Posted by: MattNC79 - 10-21-2014, 08:07 AM - Forum: Software Repairs and Troubleshooting - Replies (2)

I have an HP Pavilion p6-2100 with an AMD dual core processor running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.  It has a Pegatron motherboard that supports UEFI and legacy BIOS settings.  This is my first AMD computer and will undoubtedly be my last.  It has and AMI BIOS version 7.15.  I have enabled hardware virtualization in the BIOS settings as well as data execution.  However, Windows is still stating that Hypervisor can not start because hardware virtualization is not enabled in the system firmware.  Virtualbox is also giving me the same error.  This is definitely a BIOS issue.  Every HP customer who bought an HP computer in this line of Pavilion's with this particular system setup is having the same issue.  HP has refused to acknowledge the BIOS failure and issued the following statement: "HP internal has indicated that virtualization is not supported on a consumer level PC.  It's up to the individual to make it work.  If it is possible, with perhaps the volunteers on this forum as HP has no official presence on this forum."  Isn't everyone who purchases a computer considered a consumer regardless of what setting they use it in?  I could go on for days on this issue.  Here is my question.  Is it possible to replace the BIOS on my computer with a different one?  HP has such a lockdown on their system BIOS that it almost impossible to replace it with anything other than another BIOS from HP.  I have contacted Pegatron as well as AMI, both of which referred me back to HP.

Print this item

Posted by: Malc Tulloch - 10-20-2014, 03:24 PM - Forum: New Member Introductions - Replies (5)

Hello Brian & Everyone,
My name is Malc Tulloch, I'm a silver surfer but doesn't know that much about computers, I'm learning all of the time (slowly).
I live in mid west Wales, I am a retired engineer, I like riding my Yamaha XT660x (during nice weather) & I am into
informal target shooting with air rifles.
I will probably learn more on here than I can teach, it will be a one way street in my case.
Thanks everyone.

Print this item

Tongue HI ALL
Posted by: Tech49 - 10-19-2014, 10:57 PM - Forum: New Member Introductions - Replies (5)

Hi Brian and the Rest of the forum My name is Mark I’ve been into Computers since the 70s and still don’t know it all hope to chat to you all at some point glad your sorted now Brian

Regards
Mark

Print this item

Windows 8.1 Hevy hard drive useage
Posted by: chris36202 - 10-19-2014, 10:39 PM - Forum: Windows 8 - Replies (9)

I am getting massive hdd usage from windows 8.1 and the drive is noisy
this is just a fresh install of windows 8.1

the hard drive in here is a Hitachi HGST Travelstar Z5K500

Print this item

Overclocking I7 Asus G750JX
Posted by: ShroomBoy69 - 10-19-2014, 09:06 PM - Forum: Overclocking and Modding - Replies (16)

If the CPU has a turbo boost (my Intel i7 4700HQ does) then go for it because I overclock on my laptop all the time. But the fans can at least deal with this.

Print this item

A question (Maybe a Common one ) to the programmers out there.
Posted by: Geekazoidtech - 10-19-2014, 03:51 PM - Forum: Programming - Replies (5)

Hello Folks,

I have been considering lately getting into programming and was curious what would be the best language to start out with that will introduce me into Coding etc. Or better yet how did you learn code? Any ideas or insights would be awesome.

Dan

Print this item

An Apology to Britec and the forums
Posted by: Geekazoidtech - 10-19-2014, 12:58 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (4)

Folks,

I would like to apologize to the entire staff here and the readers of the forums for posting 3 articles that were not mine. I copied them from my website that had the information sourced from other websites. Apparently when I copied the articles over I did not copy the sourced links with them . I understand my mistake now. I do not want anyone to think that I did this on Purpose. I made the noob mistake of not proofreading my information before clicking the post button.

I am not a plagerist and I too am against that because people work very hard writing and putting much time into what they write. I do the same when I write about different tech articles. I know that we all make mistakes as well and I know that there are consequences for them. I just want to explain what happened and why. My intention was not to upset anyone, but to post some good information.

I want to thank Brian and the Forum Staff for letting me post here again because this site and Britec's videos are an invaluable source for everyone.

I am glad to be a part of such a great community and I in no way wanted to jeopardize that.

Thanks for listening Guys

Dan

Print this item

[Solved] Help! Every path gone!
Posted by: mclarenclarkson - 10-18-2014, 08:47 PM - Forum: Security, Viruses, Trojans & Malware Removal - Replies (4)

Hi guys,

I really am in serious trouble. I recently downloaded wintousb and kaspersky picked it up as a virus and now when I get back to my PC (after kaspersky has apparently fixed it) no programs open! I just get an error saying this program no longer exists! I can't switch off my PC so I'm going to go and hard reboot it in a minute. What should  I do? I have some stuff on here that I really do not want to re-download i.e. AutoCad which is over 60GB of programs.

Edit: I cannot delete any files, it just asks me for admin permission then when granted does nothing. I also cannot go to any other webpage other than the two that are open. Sound is also gone.

Any advice is appreciated,
Dan.

Print this item