Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Latest Threads
Finest Сasual Dating - Tr...
Last Post: gazcox8159
10 hours ago
Superlative Сasual Dating...
Last Post: TaddyBear
Yesterday, 03:43 PM
Optimal Сasual Dating - L...
Last Post: baluyanb
Yesterday, 07:34 AM
Supreme Сasual Dating - L...
Last Post: bubuxem
04-27-2024, 08:28 PM
Premier Сasual Dating - V...
Last Post: Musashi
04-27-2024, 06:08 PM
Unsurpassed Сasual Dating...
Last Post: fareedahmed75
04-27-2024, 01:35 AM
Finest Сasual Dating - Ge...
Last Post: guctan
04-27-2024, 12:56 AM
Finest Сasual Dating - Li...
Last Post: nigger500
04-26-2024, 11:56 PM
Optimal Сasual Dating - G...
Last Post: iamtoy
04-26-2024, 08:47 PM
Superlative Сasual Dating...
Last Post: slayer72
04-26-2024, 03:56 AM

Forum Statistics
» Members: 10,801,   » Latest member: bobbybutt,   » Forum threads: 4,217,   » Forum posts: 30,429,  
Full Statistics

Weird jpg files in video folders
Posted by: JIGSAW - 09-27-2014, 10:30 AM - Forum: Windows 8 - Replies (7)

Hi BRITEC & all other forum members,

Recently decided to give Win8.1 a try. In all folders that have video files, I get these weird jpeg files that's related/thumbnails for the videos ... see screenshot.

I also have ACDSee installed, that I thought could be causing this, but after uninstalling that, it still happens ???

What else could be causing this ... Google is not helping  Sad ?

[Image: Screenshot_1_zps2b625460.png]

Print this item

Live CD Backup Software
Posted by: hvnzsyn - 09-27-2014, 05:48 AM - Forum: Software Repairs and Troubleshooting - Replies (3)

Hi, I am new here and this is my first post! Big fan of Britec! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone new of a live cd for hard drive backups. Preferably one that has good rep and support. Thanks guys!

Print this item

Different experiences on Recovery possibilities
Posted by: WaWa - 09-26-2014, 06:36 PM - Forum: Windows 8 - Replies (5)

Hello All,

I see the thread on a similar matter is closed, but maybe my experience can still be compared to other systems with Win8.1.

► My experience on the matter of the lost Recovery Partition is as follows:
I work with Win8.1-Pro 32-bit and my grandson has Win8.1Pro 64-bit.

Since the last main update the Recovery partition disappeared on the 64-bit PC and not on the 32-bit PC!
On both systems we cannot make a recovery USB-stick anymore!!! Windows is saying that »Data is missing to complete the making of the USB-stick«.

Luckily, we both have a recovery USB-stick made shortly after the installation.

Why is Microsoft doing such strange things while updating?
Maybe it is not meant to delete the Recovery Partition.
► Why is it not anymore possible to make a Recovery USB-stick on both systems? Luckily we have it made, but making a second one is out of the question.

What can we do to correct (1) the lost Recovery Partition and (2) the fact that making a Recovery USB-stick is not possible anymore?

Thanks beforehand if someone can follow these issues up.

Walter

Print this item

Install or Not Install Antivirus
Posted by: jacksonspham - 09-25-2014, 11:08 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (7)

Well I got this old laptop and it only got 2 gb of ram on it and whenever I use the browser the cpu shot right up to 100% and it figures that I can't install an antivirus since it would slow the computer even more. So do you think I should I just leave it for browser usage only just for watching movie?

Print this item

Free version download manager [Closed]
Posted by: WinXPto10 - 09-25-2014, 03:53 AM - Forum: Software Repairs and Troubleshooting - Replies (7)

I want to download iLivid download manager, is it safe?

Print this item

Speedtest.net Thread
Posted by: louisoft01 - 09-24-2014, 10:54 PM - Forum: Networking - Replies (23)

Post your speed test here

[Image: u1bDgGK.png]

Print this item

Win 7 Boot up issues
Posted by: Mike12 - 09-24-2014, 10:20 PM - Forum: Windows 7 - Replies (13)

Good Day everyone,

I have a Windows 7 64 bit computer that had a virus on the system cause it to blue screen. I used Kaspersky Rescue Disk and removed the boot sector virus. But now when Windows attempts to reboot it is only showing (recovered) as the OS. Once I hit enter, windows trying to boot with the attempt at the splash screen but then stops and reboots and enters the Wiindows Boot Mode with 2 (recovered) as the OS. I hit F8 and stopped the auto reboot and now I am getting a blue screen with stop error0x0000007B.

Also, this computer has 2 hard drives that are mirrored raid 1.

Tried Hiren's Boot CD and none of the 2 hard drives are showing. AHHHH

Can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks in advance and thanks Brian for bringing the Forum back.

Cheers.

Print this item

VirtualBox help.
Posted by: Skye2088 - 09-24-2014, 06:54 PM - Forum: Software Repairs and Troubleshooting - Replies (11)

I recently downloaded VirtualBox, and I don't know how to install or boot up an OS, I've got one VM running Windows 7, and one running Windows 8.1. Do I need disks with the actual OS on it?

Print this item

Photo Computer Reboots when I Shut Down [Continuation]
Posted by: sawhs - 09-24-2014, 08:29 AM - Forum: Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting - Replies (11)

Good day Team Member,

Firstly let me apologize for my extremely late response just had a lot on my plate for the past few days and was trying all the suggested ideas mentioned however the problem still persist. Much Thanks for everyone's input it was must valuable!!!  

TopFreeware:
I did as you suggested:
- I'm having problems uploading the screen shoots I have placed my results on one of my websites temporary - https://sites.google.com/site/stuffweshouldknow/computer-tips/britec-tech-support-forum
- Screen Shoot of the sfc /scannow results. see website
- Screen Shoot of the System Event Log - see website
- I have taken out the cmos battery (3V Battery (CR2032)) and replaced it back after a couple of minutes and disconnected power supply for a bit then re- connecting. Unresolved.
- Went into the BIOS settings but unsure what i was actually looking for.

Britec:
I did as you suggested through your video:
- I followed the step by step instruction to create the Shut Down icon on my desktop. Unresolved
- Did the chkdsk /r /f /x . Unresolved

Ray:
I did as you suggested:
- However this was an option I had already set earlier when I press the Power Button the computer should shut down. However it does not it just restarts.

Aboody
I did as you suggested, However I was unsuccessful in having the F8 setup as indicated in the youtube video.

Akron Computer Guy
I did as you suggested:
- I double check and triple check the pins as indicated on the motherboard manual.

Other physical checks I did:
- I have also tried changing the power supply with a brand new Cooler Master 1000W power supply but the problem still persist. Unresolved.
- I also physically checked the main power switch but everything seems to be ok. there were no lose cabling all connection seems to be in-place properly.  

Any other suggestions.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

Print this item

Question How can I create a DVD with multiple ISO's?
Posted by: Fixitpepe - 09-21-2014, 09:04 PM - Forum: Software Repairs and Troubleshooting - Replies (8)

I wanted to create a DVD that would have multiple ISO's but I don't know to create one or make one
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Fix It Pepe

Print this item